Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber Engine58's Avatar

Default South Amboy NJ 3 Alarm Fire "We Finally Made FH.COM"

Heres a photostory of a 3 alarm fire my department had last week. It was going good on arrival, heres the Firehouse.com photostory. Finally my department made it to the website Lighting Strikes, Sparks Blaze in Century Old New Jersey Church
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

One of my neighboring departments northampton made it a few days ago
    Bucks County, PA.

Gee, almost sounds like you guys WANT a bad fire just so you can see your department names on fh.com....
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Someone said that to me last night...
    But hey some of us smaller towns get a kick out of finally getting pics up there next to FDNY, Chicago, Philly etc.
    Bucks County, PA.

MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

Neat old church, to bad.

Hey Engine 58, you guys sure have some nice shinny SCBA/Turnouts/Gear. Did you get some new stuff recently? Its good to see crisp clean PPE in a photo story for once. Wheater it is brand new or just well maintained/clean, good job.

I am one of those guys that doesnt get a kick out of yellow helmets that are black. Clean that PPE!!!

Didnt you used to have CairnsAir SCBA?

Another thing that jumps out at me. Green grass.

Our drought has been so long I forgot what it looks like.

Anymore we dont seem to have a structure fire or wildire.

One always seem to be leading to the other lately, its so dman dry.

We havent had much bad luck with lighting ignighting buildings directly, but we are ganateed wildfires with any lightning these days.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Bones,

Sorry, didnt mean to come off like we WANT a big fire so we can make it up here, but like stcommodore said some of the guys think its pretty neat to make such a popular website such as firehouse.com, at least I think its pretty cool to see my hometown up on the site. It definatley was an unfortunate incident that happened , but for the amount of fire we had showing upon entering the building the good quick work my department and surrounding departments in knocking the fire down,we did an outstanding job saving that building...
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Samson,

Yes we just started replacing our turnout gear last year sometime, as for the SCBA's we have always used SCOTT SCBA and they are about 5-6yrs old I believe. Another reason I posted this is because it was my 2nd structure fire this year as a Regular firefighter and did my fair share of hard work that day and thought it would be cool to share it with everyone....
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

Ah, I see. I looked up your website and I thought I saw Cairns SCBA in the upper righthand corner on the main page.

Good job all around.

So, care to share in the warstory? Any interesting details to add?
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Default welll..if you say so....

Sure since you asked ...Well I'm on the truck company in town and being a small department we do combination of things so it really doesnt matter what kind of apparatus your on but anyway, got dispatched out for a Fire alarm activation....pulled up to the firehouse and heard my brothers voice on the radio so I could tell something was up (He works 911 dispatch for my town and is also the LT on my company) so anyway he told us he was receiving numerous 911's for smoke showing....1 minute later a General alarm for a working fire was transmitted confirmed by PD on scene. When my truck pulled up we were told to stretch a line to protect the exposure building so I got to take the nozzle and hang out in the alley way next to the fire building. Engine companies were inside knocking the fire down after the fire was knocked down they switched me out with another guy and got to go in and perform some extensive overhaul, the truck company from the neighboring town was on the roof trying to get at the pockets of fire still burning and we had crews inside tryin to hit it from the inside. Due to the building being a converted thrift shop there was alot of fuel for the fire once it got going, tons of clothing,old beds, lots of toys, bicycles like I said EXTENSIVE OVERHAUL got to take the nozzle on the inside after I got done raking out the clothing and toys on the tables in the one corner of the building and got to knock down some fire in the roof area that was still burning/smoldering. Did that for a little bit and called it quits for the evening. We had around 82 firefighters from my town and surrounding towns and we all did an excellent job may sound like that was to many firefighters but believe it or not every one of them got put to work that evening I have some more pictures of the fire if anyone is interested in seeing them drop me an Email NJEMT506@aol.com
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Thread Information