FIRE -- The cause of a fire Saturday night in Provo that displaced one occupant and sent a person to the hospital with smoke inhalation was under investigation Monday. The fire, which occurred at a duplex in the area of 450 North and 200 East, appears to be human-caused.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-18-2004, 02:29 PM #1
UTah-Provo FD combats Structure Fire 1 injuredFront line since 1983 and still going strong
05-20-2004, 05:38 PM #2
Update-Arson Suspected in Structure fire
Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 12:00 AM |
Officials suspect arson in blaze
Justin Hill THE DAILY HERALD
Provo fire officials spent Wednesday developing a list of people suspected of sparking an early morning blaze that injured one firefighter and caused an estimated $40,000 damage to a building in southwest Provo.
The fire officials are looking for people who may have more information about the fire.
Provo Fire and Rescue received a report at 1:48 a.m. Wednesday of smoke coming from the Just 4 Fun building at 514 S. 500 West. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, which burned in the second-floor attic space and the bottom of the stairs, within 25 minutes.
One firefighter slipped down the stairs, straining his back. He is expected to go back to work shortly.
Fire officials know the fire was intentionally set because the gas and electricity to the building had been shut off, said Provo Deputy Fire Chief Tom Kuhlmann, and there was no other way the fire could have started.
Evidence at the scene has been gathered and will be sent to the state crime lab.
"We have a pretty good idea of what happened," Kuhlmann said.
Anyone who was in the area of 500 West and 500 South between midnight Tuesday and 5 a.m. Wednesday is asked to call Provo Fire and Rescue at 852-6321.Front line since 1983 and still going strong
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)