Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone Going TO Fire College?

so anyone going to fire college in june?.....myself and about 14 other guys are going from our Dept......I am supposed to be taking ..Coordinated Fire Ground Operations......but ya never know......looks like ya never know for sure til ya get there

Mike

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

I'll be there. I'm registered in the train the trainer emergency vehicle operations.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber Crisb1419's Avatar

I will be there lighting the fires for you all. We also have 4 guys going up.

Forum Member

Well Chief looks like I'll get to meet you. I'm also taking Operations T-T-T.

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

I'll be there teaching, of all things, thermal imaging. Imagine that
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Forum Member

firemanjb, I have some friends teaching that class.

Originally posted by letstrain2
    firemanjb, I have some friends teaching that class.
    Cool...sounds like I'll be working with them.
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Forum Member

Might you know Buck Manley or Tracy "Gooch" Natyshock?

Originally posted by letstrain2
    Might you know Buck Manley or Tracy "Gooch" Natyshock?
    Buck and I worked closely together to develop the class. Tracy's name rings a bell.

Forum Member

Very good then. Tracy is one of Buck's sidekicks. A riot.

Tracey and Buck came down here to do our Saving our own training...they are both very good

Forum Member

FF2160, I'm sure I saw you there. Hope you enjoyed that class. I just worked with them up @ FSI this past weekend. Great guys.

Yes the Saving our own was great training......and so was FSI this last weekend......they had the burn tower stoked up good...I had just gotten new gear and it is broken in very well now LOL.........where in southern are you letstrain?

Forum Member

Home of Superman.

FF2160 you are welcome, we did have the tower going pretty good. And for you letstrain. Are you the one I called superman all weekend. I was one of the stokers in the tower. Glad you all had fun, and hopefuly learned something. Stay safe

Forum Member

Not sure if it was me although I was hanging out with guys from Aurora, Rockford, Naperville and Chicago. I was around the taxpayer and single family.... What a bunch of awsome guys.

Well I was in the Tower all weekend. There was a guy from your dept. though in some the clases I was stoking for. Well any how... It was a great weekend.

We had quite a few in Champaign from the northern part of the state. I was over at the initial investigation class learning how to start better fires, err, how to figure out how they're started. If any of you guys have folks on your departments that have the least bit of curiosity about investigating fire and perhaps going through the three weeks of Mods for the certified fire investigator classes, this was a great class to know if its up your alley or not. I can guarantee if they bring the summer long weekend version to my neck of the woods, I'll be doing it. Like I suspect all Fire College courses are, the instructors were fantastic.

Having said that, while making a test cell flashover and blowing airbags out of a burning car (and crapping myself when they shot off), I really think the guys in the Saving Our Own class next to us were having one heck of a good time, though I swear I could hear the stokers giggling like little kids...

Does Hooters beer somehow taste better?

Stokers Laughing... NO. We don't laugh, but what is great is, when you get the FF that has a brand new helmet, 15 stickers on that said helmet, 9 tools on the same helmet, and 2 flashlights also on his helmet. And he comes out and says " Thats wasn't hot at all." Give me a break. I understand that some burns you may not get you gear melted, but it is hottier in those burn rooms then most people will ever see in a normal fire ( I know it can be hottier in some cases). I am not sure what page in the Gals mag that they ordered for there helmet, but if you have a new guy like that, let him know. Im out

Originally posted by Crisb1419
    I understand that some burns you may not get you gear melted, but it is hottier in those burn rooms then most people will ever see in a normal fire ( I know it can be hottier in some cases).
    Keep in mind that melting or damaging gear in a training burn just means it will provide that much LESS protection in a real fire, when you need it most.

Thread Information