Thread: Really funny

Forum Member

Smile Really funny

Look at this picture. Man....
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a firefighter. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the firefighter has to do believe that his is a noble calling.

Forum Member

Nice kink in the line.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

HNFC FF/President

aww chief, can't I punch atleast 1 window out?!

Never park infront of a fire hydrant, some people will never learn.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

If they were just going to open the door to do it, a fire fighter could have thrown it in neutral and rolled 15 feet. Not as fun, but you can see that the car was unlocked because the blue tinting of the drivers door's glass is still there. Look at the discoloration between that area and the road.....

Forum Member

42, what you don't see is the passenger side, which might be where they forced entry into the vehicle, then opened the driver side. However, you are correct, even after that they MAY have been able to roll it forward or backward.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Originally posted by 42VTExplorer
    If they were just going to open the door to do it, a fire fighter could have thrown it in neutral and rolled 15 feet. Not as fun, but you can see that the car was unlocked because the blue tinting of the drivers door's glass is still there. Look at the discoloration between that area and the road.....
    Not necessarily........ Many vehicles you can't shift it out of park without stepping on the brake or having the key turned to the "on" position.

I didn't think about that side of it..On my car I can shift out of park without the break pressed, or without the key in the ignition. 2003 Pontiac Vibe. Y'know the cars where the guy plugs his guitar amp into the dash boards power inverter and then jams on the sidewalk? One of those.

Even if not able to move the car, is this the smartest option? Look at that kink in the hose. Would it be a better idea to use the 2.5" or 3" (assuming here that's the size of it) connection on the other side? Our pumpers are setup to supply our LDH without the option of a steamer connection. 2.5" screw open gate valve with 4" Storz adapter. We rarely ever touch a steamer connection, we throw valves on the 2 smaller connections and lay in. Maybe 2 lays of that size hose would have worked just as well off the smaller connection? Not sure if there is any difference in flow, it's just what works for us.

Forum Member

Much nicer when its an expensive vehicle like a BMW,Mercedes,Porsche..Escalde...That makes it all the more sweeter
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

In all honesty, it looks like a "doctored" up picture. The reflection in the window just does not look right.
    Last edited by Bones42; 05-21-2004 at 12:00 PM.

Forum Member

Is it me - or do those tail lights look lit?

At my department, if that happens, the guys make sure that theres a leaky coupling right on their seats. Thats always fun!!!!

The fun way...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Forum Member

New Helmet....$300
    New Pager...$800
    New Bunker Gear...$1200
    Being Able To Destroy A Brand New BMW Infront of a Hydrant..Priceless
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

I heard a great one on Tuesday. Structure fire was dispatched downtown. Poilce Lt. arrives first and was going around making sure the place was being evacuated. Another PD unit and some fire units are now arriving. The next thing you hear on the PD...

"704, can you move the vehicle?"
    "Repeat?"
    "704, can you move your vehicle
    "I can't copy you, repeat?"
    "704, YOU NEED TO MOVE YOUR CRUISER, YOU PARKED IT IN FRONT OF THE FIRE HYDRANT!!"
    "oh"
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Permanently Removed

Default Or...

Originally posted by ffexpCP
    Is it me - or do those tail lights look lit?
    I looks like night time there. The flash of the camera
    on the reflectors?

Forum Member

I call shenanigans.

The picture looks staged.

There's no sign of forcible entry, and the tailights are on (I'm thinking that if it was the camera flash, the reflective striping on the engine would be brighter).

The LDH seems a little limp- perhaps they didn't want to turn the hydrant on all the way and risk soaking the inside of the car.

I'm guessing this is a post-training goof off.

Forum Member

Looks like they saw backdraft
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Would it be a better idea to use the 2.5" or 3" (assuming here that's the size of it) connection on the other side? Our pumpers are setup to supply our LDH without the option of a steamer connection. 2.5" screw open gate valve with 4" Storz adapter. We rarely ever touch a steamer connection, we throw valves on the 2 smaller connections and lay in. Maybe 2 lays of that size hose would have worked just as well off the smaller connection? Not sure if there is any difference in flow
    Actually, you'd get less friction loss with the LDH as compared with the two smaller lines. Friction loss wouldn't matter much on a short lay like this one is, but for longer lays, it's something to think about.

But back to the picture... It's Photoshopped, and the hydrant isn't all the way open, there is no way the hose could be kinked like that if there was any decent pressure coming from the hydrant at all. Most (not all, this may be an exception) high-flow hydrants tend to have light blue paint on the upper part of the barrel, as this one does, which also leads me to believe that it's faked. But hey, I've been completely wrong before. They were flowing some amount of water though, because the pump is draining underneath the engine and into the gutter.

Did anyone else notice the long lay of 5" in the background with another engine up the street? And it just so happens that the engine in the foreground is facing the wrong way on a one-way street, so why would they need the hydrant connection in the first place if the fire is over a block away in the other direction??? Major exposure problems?
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

WFDJR1, if you look at what I wrote, you'll see that I said the same size hose off the smaller connections.

Our 4" gets supplied via the 2.5" connections. We RARELY use the steamer on the hydrant because most of our hydrants don't have them. We're in the process of slowly converting them over.

Forum Member

I call shenanigans.

Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
    Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy stuff on the wall and the mozzarella sticks?
    Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
    Rabbit: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

Originally posted by FDNY101TRUCK

Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
    Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy stuff on the wall and the mozzarella sticks?
    Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
    Rabbit: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    That is a funny movie.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

Yeah bro very very funny!
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Thread Information