Forum Member

Question pictures / avatar's

Where does everyone get their username pics / avatars? All the ones that I can find are too big for firehouse.com, and the ones that they have are lacking in selection.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am also curious about the same thing! anyone with info HELP!!
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
    --Jack Handey

Forum Member

CaptainMikey: You can use any picture that you find online as long as it's a JPEG, GIF or Bitmap (I think this one is allowed). You can resize the picture that you want to use so that it's accepted, I think it's 50x50 pixels. Simply save the desired photo to your computer, resize and upload.

Firechix: To load an avatar below your name, go to "Forum Profile", then "Edit Options" and toward the bottom of the screen (you'll have to scroll down) you should find an area in which you click "yes" to add an avatar. You are given the choice of using one of the ones provided by FireHouse or to upload one of your own from your own computer.

I hope this helps and good luck!!
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

I took the graphic of our patch from our department website and resized it in a graphics program.
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

MembersZone Subscriber

this may seem like a really stupid question (blame it on the blonde hair!) but how do you resize pictures??
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
    --Jack Handey

Forum Member

You can resize pictures with any graphics, photo or paint program.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Permanently Removed

Default Ticket...

Go to www.yahoo.com. They have like 100s of little
    avatars all over their site. just "right-click-save"
    them and then upload...Bou

Forum Member

Here, firechixrock, I got this off the "faces behind the post" thread and resized it.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

thank you so much!! I don't have a pic program I just had my entire computer wiped clean and started over from scratch so I lost it!! anyway thanks again!! (you could have picked a more flattering pic though) lol
    Dawn
    --Jack Handey

Forum Member

just testing to see if my new avatar worked.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

it said thank you for changing your settings, but it did not change my avatar to what I told it to change it to.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firechixrock
    thank you so much!! I don't have a pic program I just had my entire computer wiped clean and started over from scratch so I lost it!! anyway thanks again!! (you could have picked a more flattering pic though) lol
    Dawn
    Try using IrfanView (available here http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm)

It's a very versatile image program and best of all it's free.

Also - I think the Pic looks fine.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by CaptainMikey
    it said thank you for changing your settings, but it did not change my avatar to what I told it to change it to.

it did the same thing to me you just ahve to make sure that after you upload your photo that you reset the choice from wiggum to custom and then update cause if you do it first when you upload your pic it automatically resets the choice to wiggum? hope that helps
    Dawn
    --Jack Handey

Forum Member

Make certain that the check box asking you whether or not you want to use a custom avatar is checked. Sometimes, after you click "browse" to upload your image, it will remove the checkmark from that box.

Forum Member

Well, they say great minds think alike...

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
    Well, they say great minds think alike...
    well you must have an EXTREMELY great mind then
    --Jack Handey

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info!!

makes good girls go bad

*whistles at firechixrock*

That pic is fine
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by BLSboy
    *whistles at firechixrock*

That pic is fine
    lol that is like one of the worst pics I have!! but thanks
    --Jack Handey

Forum Member

Good grief; the "hormonometer" is going off the scale.

Forum Member

Talking

yay, it worked. It must be the lack of sleep.

Thanks for the info!
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

Thread Information