Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default confidentaltiy (bad spelling)

I was reading an article, (Link to article) This is the first article that I have seen where it lists the criminals addresses. I always thought that you did not release the address of the criminal.

Well it is illegal for any emergency services workers to release any information, even after the news gets a hold of it, that is what I have been told.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Medical information is confidential. but sex offenders (here in New Mexico) have to register with the police in the area in which they live, and that information is available to the public.

The newspapers release the addresses all the time.

The newspapers always are given the address of the arrestee (unless the arrestee is a juvenile). It's up to the newspaper to print them or not. Usually when the incident occurred at the residence, then they print the address.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

That is the first article that I have seen with the addresses listed, even minors were listed. That is funny because when a friend of mine was arrested, the department could not release any information untill a CONVICTION was made. A conviction was not made, person found not guilty due to the fact that they were in another state at the time. Someone in his school newspaper found out, and released the info, and the school got reamed. So I would also like to think that the newspaper is not printing info before a conviction is made. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. I think that is how this country runs.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

A few 17 y/o are the only ones who could be possibly considered minors.

If you've never seen names & addresses in the paper before, you haven't read a lot.

And there's no legal prohibition against publishing the names of juvenile deliquents in Massachusetts:

It is against the law to publish the names of persons before the court in care and protection proceedings. There is no statute that prohibits publication of the names of a minors charged with delinquent acts.

http://www.massbar.org/publications/...ndbook/?sw=402
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Thread Information