Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Big City FD's & Ride Alongs

I'm a fully certified FF for a decent size volly department outside of Philly and I'm looking to see if there are any big city departments that allow visitors to do ride alongs. I know a few of you out there are paid FF's and I would love the chance to get hands on experence in a city setting. If your department allows it, or know of ones that do please let me know.

thanks
    -cs
    Bucks County, PA.

Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire allows ride-alongs. You can contact me at PBFTRK33@msn.com
    James K. Crawford
    Assistant Fire Chief
    Midway Fire Rescue
    Pawleys Island, SC

Forum Member

thanks
    Bucks County, PA.

Default Know of one

I know some people that may be able to assist you... If you would like to email me at Fire_ems1 I will provide a few addresses that may be able to assist you, but I don't want to post them on the message board so these people have lots of mail from people they don't know... So as soon as you email me, I will give you a few addresses from people that i know in the states.

Also you may want to join my world of firefighter list on yahoogroups by going to Yahoo Groups and then type in "the world of firefighters" and you should get the group, and there are some folks from all over the states in that one that may be able to assist you as well.
    Firefighters are beneficial to every community with the wealth of information they have!

They don't get enough praise, for the information and skills they know! It could save your life one day!!!!!

Forum Member

thanks im getting set up on the yahoo thing and sent you an email
    Bucks County, PA.

If you ride with Pittsburgh, make sure it is truck 8/engine 8. (No offence Jim, greetings from Kittanning)

No offense taken and I agree. I worked with Eng & Trk 8 for 5 years before leaving for 33.
    James K. Crawford
    Assistant Fire Chief
    Midway Fire Rescue
    Pawleys Island, SC

Forum Member

i emailed the poster from pittsburg and the one that gave me the link for the yahoo site and I'm just waiting for some news. My mom has a friend whos husband is apart of Chicago's fd near where I grew up so that would be a thrill to be apart of for even one night.
    Bucks County, PA.

Thread Information