Default The great BINGO Debate... and fundraising...

Many Fire stations have a BINGO night to raise money (including ours). Although alot of fire station BINGO's have gone nonsmoking, our Station hasn't. The debate is that there are more smokers than non smokers that play and if we go non smoking... we'll have to shut down our BINGO's and find another way to raise money.

Two years ago, I was the member of a smaller town Fire Department in NS and worked both when there was smoking at BINGO, and when they stopped it. If there were smokers that refused to come back, we didn't notice.

Are there any Departments that went non-smoking on their own or were forced to go non smoking due to Town or City bylaws and if so, did you have to stop offering BINGO and find another way to raise money?

Thanks...

Forum Member

Hey Baby

Well to give yah some help on this..Our dept went non-smoking this year....For the first few weeks all the people were bitchin and complaining about it but now our attendance has almost gone up two fold every week.....We have smoking in one truck bay and all the smokers go out there during break or outside..We extended our break period from 15 minutes to 20 or 25 to give them ample time to suck back on their fumes...And plus its nices for me cuz now i don't have to listen to my old lady say Get your damn clothes off you stink like smoke...
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

"And it's nice now because I don't have to listen to my old lady saying get your clothes off you stink like smoke."
    Too bad, there might have had some "Fringe benefits" to being invited to take your clothes off.

Forum Member

We have a T.V. Bingo.
    But I say cut it out. I compare it to when Tim Hortons cut out their smoking section. people said they would never go and have a coffee without a smoke. I think they are still in business

Forum Member

Originally posted by GPM123
    Tim Hortons cut out their smoking section. people said they would never go and have a coffee without a smoke. I think they are still in business
    Thats because I buy 5+ Coffees A Day... ..Addicted..Can You Say Hellllllll Yeah
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information