Forum Member

Default Lady Drives into our firehouse

So im at the firehouse today....and there were about 3 of us sitting on the bumper of the rescue when we see a woman pull onto the front ramp of the firehouse...speed up and SMASH into the garage door, through the door and into our 6 month old DASH. She ruined the federal, car fire hose compartment, bumper, horns and front suction. Turns out she had an episode and just hit the wrong pedal. Now the engine and door are out of service. Just thought id share a little....

makes good girls go bad

Glad to hear you are OK, sory to hear the unit isnt.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Glad there were none of you injured, but is she ok? What kind of episode did she have? Seizure? Diabetic? Temporary insanity?
    Scott Maples
    www.Jeffersoncityfire.com
    Firefighter/EMT-IV

If you're always talking, you're never listening...if you're not listening, you're not learning.

Forum Member

reminds me of the ederly women who called the police to report that someone had stole her steering wheel at a local mall, after the police arrived to take the report he reported back to the dispatcher to disregard, she had gotten in the back seat by mistake..
    SB (Local 1355 retired)

MembersZone Subscriber

I am glad the everyone is okay. Like Stick said, what kind of episode did she have?

I must admit, that when I read the subject line I thought it was a bad joke.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Bummer incident, but as long as you guys weren't hurt, and she is ok too. Loosing equipment like that always sucks.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Sorry to hear about Dash. 6 months old? That's still a puppy.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

Forum Member

Default shes ok...her insurance is gonan be thru the roof

well she was ok...i guess she just had a blackout....during a hail storm she pulled up onto the ramp and istead of hitting that short fat pedal she hit the long skinny one....who woulda knew...neways the dash is gone for a while they guestimated about 5 grand to fix it...now we have to resort to the 197? pierce good piece just a little dated...ya were all alright except for mabe engine 5's lieutenant who doesnt have his baby anymore...

Forum Member

Lightbulb Pure Luck...

It is a miracle that no body was hurt... Was it a puppy that was killed? or was it one of the trucks?
    Firefighters are beneficial to every community with the wealth of information they have!

They don't get enough praise, for the information and skills they know! It could save your life one day!!!!!

Forum Member

If you consider a 6 month old dash to be a puppy then its a very expensive puppy to fix

Forum Member

Glad to hear that everyone was ok.

Forum Member

Originally posted by E7T1Stick
    If you consider a 6 month old dash to be a puppy then its a very expensive puppy to fix
    I had my cat fixed. Didn't cost nearly that much. You guys need to find another vet.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

Forum Member

I don't get to the forums as much as I'd like to so I just read this post and it brought back old memories.

About 6 years ago we had a drunk woman crash through our engine door at station 1. She was driving her husbands Impala SS and hit our 92 Pierce square on. It is a commercial style engine and she pushed it back 11 inches with the brakes set.

Pushed the engine in the Impala back into the passenger compartment.
    Amazingly she was not injured except for cuts and bruises. The Pierce needed a new front bumper and some minor fender work.

What's really crazy about this is our station is set at an angle to the road. She had to turn 90 degrees from the road and then make a left turn to hit the door. We didn't have to but it would have been very strange to have to do an extrication in our station bay....

Thread Information