MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Default Sycamore Fire Dept Testing!

The purpose of this correspondence it to announce that the City of Sycamore, located in DeKalb County in the State of Illinois, is presently recruiting candidates for the entry level position of Fire Fighter.
    The Sycamore Fire Department offers a competitive entry-level annual salary of $36,253; upon successful completion of 12 months of employment the base salary is increased to $42,610. A comprehensive benefit package is included.
    As with most municipalities, the selection process entails the submission of an application, an orientation session, a written and oral examination, a background investigation, a psychological examination and a medical examination.
    The City of Sycamore is presently in the process of establishing an initial hiring list; therefore, applications can be obtained between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the City Clerk’s Office, located at 308 W. State St. or the Fire Department, located at 535 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore Illinois, 60178. The application deadline will be June 18, 2004, at 5:00 p.m.
    If further information is desired regarding this employment opportunity, or future employment opportunities, please contact Jean Tritle, Human Resources Director, at (815) 895-0786, or Bill Riddle, Fire Chief at (815) 895-4514, or write to the City of Sycamore Fire and Police Commission at the address shown above.

MembersZone Subscriber

No physical agility test? Wow, don't see that often. Anyone know anything about this department? Thanks for any info. Lilyogi

MembersZone Subscriber

Actually, yog, it's becoming a little more common. Sycamore is a rapidly growing community north of DeKalb, about 50 miles west of Chicago. Population is listed around 12,000 but probably closer to 15,000; and more on the way.

They run a combination department, with four IAFF on duty at a time, soon to be five. One station, soon to be two; 1 ALS ambo, 1 BLS-upgradable ambo, one engine, one pumper-tanker, one reserve, one utility. They run lotsa mutual aid to DeKalb, Genoa-Kingston, and the surrounding rural departments. Good bunch of guys. Any other questions?

MembersZone Subscriber

Any idea how many they plan to hire? I am going to get an application and apply and see what happens. I would have to think that I would be some what qualified, (FFII, HAZMAT OPS, Paramedic)
    But then again, that doesn't always mean anything

Thanks for the info. Yog

MembersZone Subscriber

Not sure how many they're hiring, if at all. They just hired two, and the list is expiring, so this may just be to start a new list.

You must be paramedic by time of offer.

That's what I know about that.

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Oh, well, leaves DJ out. He doesn't seem to want to get into the EMS thing. I'm afraid he's going to have to change his mind if he wants a FF job.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, you pretty much have to be a Paramedic or get your Paramedic if you want to be in the Fire Service anymore. I have been working as a Paramedic for 5 years now on an ALS ambulance, I have my FFII and HAZMAT Operations. I just need to get hired now! ha ha ha

Thread Information