Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Dad sells son's PS2 as punishment...funny!

You got to see the ad. The dad is selling his kid's
    Sony Play Station 2 as punishment on ebay. Check out
    the auction here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...107675670&rd=1

Forum Member

LMAO! thats great

How dare they sell this personal item of his. He will grow up maladjusted after having been disciplined and having his personal items, taken away from him. The utter callousness and lack of regard for this child's happiness and development is mindblowing. I recommend that this child begin psychological counseling as soon as possible to minimize the damaging affects of these actions, adn the shattering of his precious little ego.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

On the disciplinary train of thought, these two articles were in teh Boston Herald this week about some nitwit wanting the town of Brookline (on the western side of Boston - right down the street from the Boston Commons/Public Gardens) to pass an ordinance urging parents not to spank their children.

Brookline, like most Massachusetts communities - especially around Boston, is a very liberal and affluent community, in case you didn't get the jist of it from these articles.

Anti-spank measure in Brookline panel's lap

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...=30105&format=

Anti-spank proposal bottoms out

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...rticleid=30576
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

That was beautiful!!!
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Preach on, DaSharkie!

If the father's scheme is allowed to continue, the kid might be forced to take personal responsibility for his actions. That's simply unamerican!

Beer - $6.00
    Bugle - $51.00
    Dom Perignon - $120

Sellings kid's playthings on Ebay - Priceless!
    Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

Bou - LMAO

DaSharkie - you notice in the first article that this tree-hugger who is telling parents how to raise their kids doesn't have any children of his own!
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Thanks for the Friday morning laugh guys.

Forum Member

LMAO! I wonder what is to be sold next if this behavior continues.

DaSharkie - you notice in the first article that this tree-hugger who is telling parents how to raise their kids doesn't have any children of his own!
    I did notice that. This is why his opinion is irrelevant when it comes to him trying to dictate to others how to raise children.

I do not have children (nor do I wish to polute the world smaller incarnations of myself) but a quick reminder of improper actions is a tool that parents should be allowed to utilize.

I was raised by my grandmother and I mouthed off to her once, and she hit me on my butt. I deserved it 100% and I never did it again. This little lady was 5'1" and her rule was law. I learned my lesson and she, along with the Marine Corps, are the reason I am the person I am today. Discipline is a great thing that is all too lacking in our society.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking OK.....................

Sharkie - So thats who we blame for your current state......... LOL This thing is a very real peek at what is wrong with this country today. Damn shame that dad can't send the brat to Parris Island.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Sharkie - So thats who we blame for your current state.........
    So are you saying that I have "associating disorder" or that I am a freaking lunatic? My wife will agree with the latter.

The Marine Corps (and other branches of the military) has turned around many a juvenile pain the ***. Instilling the concepts of teamwork, initiative, self discipline, restraint, and attention to detail are never a bad thing in any individual.

Besides, I still tend to get a little weak kneed when I see a Marine wearing a DI cover. I can't explain it, it just scares me a little and I haven't been to recruit training in 12 years. I visited "The Island" a year and a half ago and got that same feeling when I saw the DIs out on the Grinder. My wife couldn't understand it.

Damn shame that dad can't send the brat to Parris Island.
    Yeah, we know that they wouldn't be treated as harshly at MCRD San Diego. Bunch of "Hollywood Marines."

Just kidding out there, don't get all of your feathers in a bunch. We are Marines, all part of the world's most elite fighting force. Although, I still think going to PISC still has more people fearing it than to go to MCRD San Diego. I have never been able to place it. OK enough ranting and pot stirring.

Thread Information