Thread: Extrication.

Question Extrication.

I just finished my Extrication Class, and I passed it really good. My Question is, how would you go about holding C-Spine on a Patient when their car is on it side roof edge? I mean, if the car is on the side roof edge, how do you hold a c spine on the,, cause obviously they most likely would be on their side like the car. Im a EMT-B in va, and didnt think of this question till i got home after exciting car cutting.

Also, i hear 2 chicago fire men were injured when the mercedes cars air bag went off hitting them. Some one at the class said firehouse.com has a video of it, does any one know where i can find this viedo at?

thanks

EMT Mendez

Talking

EMT Mendez

If you stabilize the vehicle and gain access through the back window, you can maitain C-Spine from behind the drivers seat. You may have to reach down from the top of the head. In this case, any stabilization is better than no stabilization. You can't always be "text book" in reality. Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Emt Mendez

HEY KID!

Seems to me that you are new in the extrication bussiness at least. I can't agree more with BLS you can't never go extrictly by text. Just one advise. Since it looks you are enjoying the job. PRACTICE A LOT buddy. Visit junk yards, and see car structures check inside outside up and down. check posts' insides. And ask any small question eventhough it might seem some what stupid to others. Remember that" THERE ARE STUPID QUESTIONS, ONLY STUPID PEOPLE WHO DO NOT ASK".

KEEP SAFE AND DO NOT FORGET TO STABILIZED STRUCTURES AND SECURE AIR BAG SYSTEMS.

Thread Information