MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Exclamation Fire at Wheaton College

Big fire at the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton college last night. I believe it went to a fourth alarm. Tri-Cities all sent trucks.

I hear it was started by a roofer's torch.

Happened too late in the day to make the morning papers. Anybody got any more poop on this? ADSNWNFD? GFDSlappyRob? Anyone?

I'll post more as I dig it up.....

Forum Member

Looked like a good stop. My tenticles even reach out to Wheaton. I will get you some info Jay and PM you.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Out of Town!

I left town yesterday, and I had at least five guys from Winfield calling to let me know what I was missing.

From what I heard it was in the roof, went to a fourth alarm, with one firefighter injury. I was told that they did make a good stop.

If anyone knows more please post it.

Stay Safe!

Patrick

Forum Member

Wheaton Fire

Fire Strikes Auditorium At Illinois College

Associated Press

WHEATON, Ill. (AP) -- A fire at Wheaton College Tuesday night damaged an auditorium in the Billy Graham Center on campus, officials said.

No one inside the center was injured in the fire, which started after 6 p.m. on the rooftop over the 400-seat auditorium, said Wheaton College spokeswoman Tiffany Self.

A firefighter suffered minor injuries while fighting the fire, Self said.

``The smoke was horrific. We came here, there's heavy black smoke billowing off the roof. We had no clue what the extent of the fire was when we first got here,'' said Wheaton Fire Chief Peter O'Leary.

The fire was contained to the auditorium's roof, but water and smoke damaged the inside of the auditorium, Self said.

A computer lab in the basement of the auditorium was not damaged nor was the rest of the Billy Graham Center, which includes classrooms, offices and a museum dedicated to evangelical Christian history, Self said.

Crews had been working on the auditorium's roof earlier Tuesday, but officials have not determined how the fire started, Self said.

Wheaton College, located about 25 miles west of Chicago, is a Christian evangelical school that counts the Rev. Billy Graham among its alums.

Thread Information