MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default The Great Canadian Superstore

I was on my way to this location on Monday to switch insurance on my new vehicle when.....

RCMP join Superstore fire investigation

Times Colonist June 9, 2004

Fire officials have stopped short of calling a Monday night fire at Langford's Real Canadian Superstore "suspicious," although the West Shore RCMP have been brought in to help with the investigation.

"There is significant evidence to request the services of the RCMP," Langford Fire Chief Bob Beckett said Tuesday afternoon, following several hours of investigation by members of his department.

The officer of the fire commissioner is also involved.

The store reopened about mid-afternoon Tuesday following a check of the premises by representatives from the Vancouver Island Health Authority.

The fire, traced to a rear storage area, was reported about 8 p.m. Monday and was out by 9 p.m.

"The physical damage was relatively minor," Beckett said. "There was a considerable amount of smoke damage."

The store's sprinkler system helped control the fire, he said.

"The sprinklers certainly held it in check until the firefighters were able to get in and extinguish the fire."

Beckett said firefighters made use of a thermal-imaging camera to see through the smoke and get to the key area of the blaze.

The 103,000-square-foot store at 835 Attree Ave. opened in November 1998.

Times Colonist (Victoria) 2004

It was kinda fun to watch someone else do the work. I am just glad that neither did anyone get hurt or that there was a great deal of damage to the building itself. It re-opened for business yesterday (8 Jun). I drove by maybe 5 min after the FD had arrived, they were just catching hydrants and laying hose/packing up. I was going to transfer my veh insurance, because that is where my agent is... but I'll wait a few days now.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

When I saw "Great Canadian Superstore" I thought you were going to say something about Candian Tire, or maybe Tim Horton eh? Hahaha
    Last edited by Fire304; 06-09-2004 at 10:16 PM.
    ______________________________ __________________
    If you are new to posting please CLICK HERE for an essential lesson
    ______________________________ __________________
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

Forum Member

Whats Tim Horntons???...Jeeze Yah'd never know that he's not Canadian..Plus he says eh and then laughs...What a comedian..ha ha ha..Jack*****

P.S. If your gonna make fun..Learn To Spell Man...I'd suggest Hooked On Phonics
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 06-09-2004 at 10:10 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

OOOO He Got Sneaky And Edited It So I Wouldn't See It..Nicely Done
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information