Default Memory Book for my Cadet sons 18th bday

Firefighters, EMT's and Cadets.
    I have a special request .....I am making a memory book for my son John for his 18th Bday this June 30th... He is a Cadet firefighter with Central Pierce Fire & Rescue here in Washington state and attending college to become a Firefighter and I am hoping to get the support of Firefighters/EMT's, Cadets to write a letter encouraging him, offering advice and maybe share a story even maybe include a Picture and I will save them all and add them to his Memory book .I think it would be a book he would treasure forever especially since it would be comming from people he admires and respects so much .. John gave up his Senior yr in HS to enroll in this special college program and he has missed out on all Senior fun and activities.. (Yearbook, Prom, trips and graduation).This will take the place of his Senior Yr Yearbook.
    This July he will hopefully become a Volunteer Firefighter with a small local Fire Dept.. Every chance he gets he is scheduling ride-alongs to learn as much as he can and to gain the extra experience he needs.If this is something you think you might be able to support with please e-mail me at myjojo422@aol.com Thank You
    jojo

Forum Member

Come on y'all Lets do this He sounds like a good kid you still got a couple days left it took me 15 minutes.
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

Forum Member

Exclamation

WHY????

He should have stayed in High School and finished. Unless he gets a GED, he will not be able to get hired by a most fire departments.

They want a High School DIPLOMA or a GED, NO DROP OUTS!!!!

Get back in school, little buddy.

Forum Member

I did it a while back...Like firespec said it doesn't take very long...And the guy will love it...

And allineedisu nobody said anything about it being a career..She said he is going to volunteer...Don't need to have Diploma or GED to volunteer..He made a choice to drop out and its his life....So give the kid a break..
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

former FH.com member

Exclamation WHat the?

Do some of you even read the posts before you respond to them? "He is a Cadet firefighter with Central Pierce Fire & Rescue here in Washington state and attending college to become a Firefighter" The last time I checked you can't get into college without a Diploma/GED, so ranting that he needed to stay in HS is kinda irrelevant. They do have early completion programs for HS you know. Sounds like this kid is ahead of the game. Count me in JoJo. -46

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Memory Book for my Cadet sons 18th bday

Originally posted by jojo422
    John gave up his Senior yr in HS to enroll in this special college program and he has missed out on all Senior fun and activities.. (Yearbook, Prom, trips and graduation).This will take the place of his Senior Yr Yearbook.
    He didn't drop out, he started college early! Like the Texas brother said: read before you post!!

Jojo, this is a great thing you are doing for your son. Count me in, I'll send something soon.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Thread Information