Forum Member

Default It doesn't mean the same thing.

Reading the Wyoming, Michigan third alarm pointed out the great difference in the meaning of things. Their third alarm would be a working fire dispatch here in Baltimore County.

The next time someone wants to knock on someone, just remember that their circumstances just might be very different than yours.
    Last edited by oldman21220; 06-14-2004 at 02:49 PM.

Forum Member

OK. I give up.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

nm I think he hit new thread instead of post reply.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Originally posted by stm4710
    nm I think he hit new thread instead of post reply.
    Now why am I hearing Watson saying "No Sherlock, you just stepped in it"
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

The point is that when you read a story or view a picture the whole thing is relative to where you are and what you have. What was a third alarm for Wyoming would have been a single alarm working fire else where. All to often people on these forums critize people that they know absolutely nothing about. I don't personaly know about every jurisdiction in the country but do personaly know of places where the response would have been from 4 to 30 on 2 to 7 pieces of equipment. Know who and what you are judging before you judge.

MembersZone Subscriber

Know who and what you are judging before you judge.
    I don't know who you are and have no idea what you're talking about...so I won't judge.

Forum Member

Originally posted by oldman21220
    Know who and what you are judging before you judge.
    OK, did I miss something? Did someone edit a post or delete a post??? I don't see anybody judging anyone or anything??????

Forum Member

Sounds like Oldman is finally subcombing to senility.
    Here Oldman. Finish your Jello and I'll be back in a little while to help you get ready for bed.

Forum Member

cellblock,

Seems like not to long ago folks that know nothing about your district were criticizing your use of two seaters. People offer comments on stories and photographs when they know absolutly nothing about the folks they are talking about. I tried to show that and find it amazing that nobody was able to understand it. Same fire, three alarms one place, one alarm another, probably more than three some place else. Sorry to have bothered all of you folks, didn't realize that you would be so nasty.

Forum Member

Originally posted by oldman21220
    cellblock,

Seems like not to long ago folks that know nothing about your district were criticizing your use of two seaters. People offer comments on stories and photographs when they know absolutly nothing about the folks they are talking about. I tried to show that and find it amazing that nobody was able to understand it. Same fire, three alarms one place, one alarm another, probably more than three some place else. Sorry to have bothered all of you folks, didn't realize that you would be so nasty.
    The point was that nobody knew where you were trying to go with it or what your point was. If you had said that in your original post, maybe there wouldn't have been people asking........ Nobody was getting nasty, just had no clue what you were talking about or referring to.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

you know when you get to read all the posts ............its clear as MUD ! .........Old ........I got it now that you explained yourself......but until then I didnt know what happened !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Originally posted by E229Lt

I don't know who you are and have no idea what you're talking about...so I won't judge.
    Nah, 77, I think E229Lt was just being a wise*****. A little cynical humor to lighten up the morning!
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Thread Information