Thread: Xbox!!!

IACOJ Agitator

Question Xbox!!!

Okay, who here is cool enough to play XBox Live?

My screenname on XBox Live is Adze39 (surprise, surprise)...

I usually play Rainbow Six 3 and Project Gotham Racing 2
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

???...What a waste of a thread...
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

IACOJ Agitator

Ummm...have you looked at some of these other threads by these Juniors?
    IACOJ Agitator

IACOJ Agitator

Just because you don't play XBox doesn't mean you have to comment on it. I know of plenty of FF's who play XBox live from volunteer and career departments. Just trying to find out who around here plays XBox Live.

But hey, at least the number of stupid threads I've created is less than the number of stupid posts you made.
    IACOJ Agitator

MembersZone Subscriber

i dont think there is anything wrong with haveing a thread about this in here, as long as its kept in its right fourm. this one was maybe out of its leauge for fire explore, but would have been fine for the off-duty area.

makes good girls go bad

hey Adaze, you got HALO?? once I get my Xbox live workin, better watch out
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Adze39
    But hey, at least the number of stupid threads I've created is less than the number of stupid posts you made.
    Well said..

Your right...Just cause I think video games are pretty dumb and boring doesn't mean I should comment..Guess Working, making money and having a social life has always been more important to me than silly little video games..

I agree with ftfdverbenec770 though...Maybe should have put it in the off-duty section as this isn't really anything to do with firefighting
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 06-15-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by ndvfdff33

Well said..

Your right...Just cause I think video games are pretty dumb and boring doesn't mean I should comment..Guess Working, making money and having a social life has always been more important to me than silly little video games..

I agree with ftfdverbenec770 though...Maybe should have put it in the off-duty section as this isn't really anything to do with firefighting
    1) Just because people play video games does not mean that they do not work or have a social life. Granted, there are people who spend WAY to much time playing. I could make some very a.h. comments about your statement and you, but I'll refrain...people who know me probably know I'm biting my tongue right about now. How many hours a week do you spend working, going out, eating and sleeping? 168 hours? wow...you are very social...good thing you don't spend time watching TV or posting on forums or doing other unmentionable stuff to yourself...

2) Yes, it could have gone in the off-duty section...so couldn't half the threads in the junior forums. Also, targetting a different audience by placing the post in this section.
    IACOJ Agitator

Forum Member

Gee people sure do grump and gripe when they get a chance, all Adze did was ask a question, most likely he posted it here because he thought it would of got a bigger responce with the younger crowd. maybe they should make a JR. FF bull crap board.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member

I could make some very a.h. comments about your statement and you, but I'll refrain...people who know me probably know I'm biting my tongue right about now. How many hours a week do you spend working, going out, eating and sleeping? 168 hours? wow...you are very social...good thing you don't spend time watching TV or posting on forums or doing other unmentionable stuff to yourself...
    Please by all means lemme hear you comments about me..I love to hear what people think...Not that I really give a crap but its nice to see..

I work about 40 hours a week..12am-8am monday to friday..Sleep from the time I get home until 2 or 2:30...Which is while all my friends are working or in school...Then I go out with my Girlfriend or Friends...And yes I make time to watch T.V. although not very often,post here and do all the fire dept things...And I don't even wanna know what those unmentionable things your thinking I do are..

Ryan

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by ndvfdff33
    I work about 40 hours a week..12am-8am monday to friday..Sleep from the time I get home until 2 or 2:30...Which is while all my friends are working or in school...Then I go out with my Girlfriend or Friends...And yes I make time to watch T.V. although not very often,post here and do all the fire dept things
    I'm busier than you and I have time to play games. Instead of watching TV, I play video games online against friends. Not only do I work as a software consultant, I am taking classes, I belong to 2 FDs, I provide training for both FDs, I have a child to raise, I spend time with my gf and other friends, etc...point is, I have more to do than you yet I find time to play because I enjoy it. I am more upset of you implying that those who play video games don't work and have no life than I am of you objecting to this thread. I couldn't really care about that second part...in fact, you are just helping this thread stay alive longer! So thank you!
    IACOJ Agitator

Now now ndvfdff33, play nice with little Adze...

Anywho, I wish I had an X-Box, I enjoy gaming and mainly use my PC for that..

NEW PC:

Gigabyte - 8IK1100 Motherboard
    Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz Processor +HT
    512MB Kingston PC3200 400 mhz DDR Ram
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics Card
    Red Chieftec Matrix Solar Flare Case
    Coolmax Black 550 Watt Power Supply
    19" Viewable (DELL !!!) monitor

Other then the (DELL) monitor, the rig kicks butt. I still have my "old" gaming rig which is about 6 months old now. Almost same setup as the one posted above except that the old one has a 2.8 Ghz processor, no hyperthreading, 256 megs of ram, ATI Radeon 9600, 400 watt PSU, cheapo case...

Oh, plus the PS2. All setup to operate off my 802.11G wireless network..

NEW PC:

Other then the (DELL) monitor, the rig kicks butt. I still have my "old" gaming rig which is about 6 months old now. Almost same setup as the one posted above except that the old one has a 2.8 Ghz processor, no hyperthreading, 256 megs of ram, ATI Radeon 9600, 400 watt PSU, cheapo case...

NEW PC:

Forum Member

I'm busier than you and I have time to play games. Instead of watching TV, I play video games online against friends. Not only do I work as a software consultant, I am taking classes, I belong to 2 FDs, I provide training for both FDs, I have a child to raise, I spend time with my gf and other friends, etc...point is, I have more to do than you yet I find time to play because I enjoy it. I am more upset of you implying that those who play video games don't work and have no life than I am of you objecting to this thread.
    Firstly what I said is not all that I do in my life...Just some of the things...Summer is less busy than winter as I play for 3 different hockey teams,and Indoor Soccer...Summer I play rugby,softball,soccer and Summer Hockey..But who cares about that crap..You mention classes..I'm taking classes too...Don't got a child..Thank god..

But none the less...My apologies...Your an impressive guy to be doing all that..I wish I could be more like you.....Just a question how old are you??

If I implied that people who play video games have no lives then you misread it...I said that meaning its been more important to me..If I wanted to say that,I would have plain and blunty said it..

And 42VTExplorer..Whats with posting the same post 3 times..lol

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation donning helmet & PPE...

Well, I started reading this trhead, thinking there was going to be a challenge between firefighters on the X-box ( or even other methonds of playing games online) then it turned ugly.

I am envolved with 3 different fire depts, one happens to be all full time (and they have the biggest screen of all 3 to play games on). All 3 departments have at the very least an X-box, ( most I've seen also have PS2 or game cube or all of em)So I would imagine this thread has a lot to do with firefighting.

As far as Off-duty, most of these games are being played after daily checks and chores, by firefighters on duty!

I myself dont enjoy playing video games, but if this is a way for firefighters or computer programmers or dog catchers etc. to blow off steam and take out aggression on a joystick instead of other human beings then , well so be it

Keep on keepin' on gamers ! Well , as long as you are not playing during CSI !

PVFIRE424 wasn't it ADZE that started this? Check your login!

Oh, the three posting thing was because the FH Forums were not bringing up the "Thank you for posting , we'll now direct you to your post" page and I kept getting timed out. I checked my network traffic and it appeared that the server that this is hosted on was not sending any data back! Whoops!

Forum Member

Ahhhhh yes that classic mishap...Had that happen a few times...Pain in the butt

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

I guess I was defending the placement of the thread.

Sorry if I confused anyone (besides myself), My train of thought often derails itself.

Actually, I need to give myself a kick in the pants!

I read your post as "When I started this thread" and didn't see "reading" in there with it. WHOOPS

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Uh oh Adze, watch out, this guy's 19 and he's designated himself as the forum police already!!! But I'm sure he's allowed to and can back all of his more "intelligent" posts up with his years and years of experience on the fireground. SO PLEASE MR NDVFDFF33 SIR, ENLIGHTEN ME WITH YOUR CONSTANT GRUMBLING AND SENSELESS RAMBLING!!!!
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Default now back to the subject...

But to answer the original question, no Adze, I'm not cool enough to play X-Box Live. I don't own any of the newer gen game systems. Newest system I own is a N64! Just don't get into games that much anymore, but I'd love to play that Firefighter FD18 game.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

IACOJ Agitator

Default Re: now back to the subject...

Originally posted by WFDjr1
    I don't own any of the newer gen game systems. Newest system I own is a N64!
    That was my case...the newest I had was the N64 and I never played it anymore...then started playing wrestling with my nieces, daughter, and nephew...bunch of friends from the firehouse were playing XBox live so I decided to finally go get a new system...My 3 year old daughter loves to kick my tail in Mortal Kombat (of course, I let her win)...
    IACOJ Agitator

(of course, I let her win)...
    Suuuuuuuure you do.

Forum Member

Originally posted by WFDjr1
    Uh oh Adze, watch out, this guy's 19 and he's designated himself as the forum police already!!! But I'm sure he's allowed to and can back all of his more "intelligent" posts up with his years and years of experience on the fireground. SO PLEASE MR NDVFDFF33 SIR, ENLIGHTEN ME WITH YOUR CONSTANT GRUMBLING AND SENSELESS RAMBLING!!!!

Wow...Your right...Although I don't know about designating myself as fourm police...Nor have I ever said I have years of experiance...But none the less...I'll shutup...Sorry boss..

Ryan

Thread Information