Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question I NEED HELP..I need info on billing

We are wanting to start a billing program for out of district residents. I have searched the net and all I could find was where to buy the software. I would be truely greatfull if anyone could help me with where to call or look. Thank you.

while not sure of the laws in IL .........I am not sure how you can bill out of towners and not in towners..........I know you will need to get info from Medicare also to bill geriatric patients with that insurance.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

What are you billing for - fire or ems? Can't help on EMS, but IL lets you charge out of district "customers" up to $125/truck/hour plus $35/man/hour. We do 1st Responder, no ambulance, and bill for wrecks as well as fires, such as fires on the interstate, if they are from out of our district. We bill for the max, and charge for all the FFs that respond to the scene. Some depts. bill for everybody that signs in at the station, whether they went to the scene or not. E-mail me if you think I can be of more help.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

The figures Jack mentioned are from the state laws for fire Protection Districts. Read all about it in the Illinois compiled statutes at "70 ILCS 705 / 11f" charges against non-residents
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

We bill for EMS, but use a thrid party agency, and let me tell you, it's the cats *****!

We mail 'em a copy of the run sheet, and they handle the rest. What's so nice is they handle all the Medicare/Medicaid crap, and just looking at the application we had to fill out for it, I can tell you it's a nightmare. We use Andres Medical Billing out of Arlington Heights, but there's others. I think Metro Ambulance also has a billing division. We bill everybody-- most everybody has insurance. For District residents, we do not send them for collection; if their insurance doesn't cover any or all of it, or if they have none, the bill is written off.

As for fire billing, never heard of it. Might have to look into that one!!

MembersZone Subscriber

We bill for out of village limits calls. We also bill those who have incidents that don't live in the village. It is my understanding that we can only bill if we respond an engine. I was told that we could not bill for EMS/First Responder calls. If that is not true let me know. There are several area dept. that don't bill for that service. Would be good to know.

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Quote Originally Posted by pmed19
    We bill for out of village limits calls. We also bill those who have incidents that don't live in the village. It is my understanding that we can only bill if we respond an engine. I was told that we could not bill for EMS/First Responder calls. If that is not true let me know. There are several area dept. that don't bill for that service. Would be good to know.
    You can bill. This is an administrative decision. Even if you are/have an ambulance district, you can still bill. And I woould encourage it. If people bitch about it, simply explain that their taxes only gaurantee that the service is available, but you have to pay for it each time you use it....
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Interesting. How do you guys bill? Direct to insurance? If you don't mind drop me a line bucknerfire@yahoo.com I would love to find out more about this.

this guy is spamming us ............post reported
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

All of his posts mysteriously mention a certain website.. hmmm...

Thread Information