Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber FireCritic's Avatar

Question Investigation Check Lists

Does anyone have their own Investigation Checklists or know where there are some decent ones that I can get my hands on? I am refering to Forms which have a systematic way of looking at a Fire scene from the outside in. What to look for, what to photograph, and what to take as evidence. I would like seperate forms for set/arson fires, accidental, and vehicle fires. I appreciate any feedback.

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

There are some pretty decent forms in one of the NFPA documents. I don't have access to it at the moment, but I think it's NFPA 906. Even if you don't use the actual documents, they are a good starting point to build your own.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

MembersZone Subscriber

Go to interfire.com and they have a complete check list and a whole lot more there.

MembersZone Subscriber FireCritic's Avatar

Default Thanks

Thank You all for the information. I was able to find exactly what I was looking for.

MembersZone Subscriber

NFPA 906 is a recognized standard for field notes in terms of fire scene examination. Also, NFPA 921 should be referenced as this is what any examination will be held against. 921 (2003 ed.) has some sample forms in the Annex A. And Interfire is an excellent resource as well.

Thread Information