Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Support a cause... Buy my products!

You can support a cause, it's called the "I wasn't good enough to be a paid firefighter because my house is 32 feet out side the city limits, and now I'm high & dry with a degree in fire science, so now I have to do something to buy a house in the city so I can be a paid firefighter fund".

How can you support my cause? Buy a tee-shirt...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by skcusffaidude; 06-22-2004 at 05:01 PM.

If I buy it, do you promise to go away and not come back?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Here is option No. 2
    Last edited by skcusffaidude; 06-22-2004 at 05:02 PM.

Originally posted by Bones42
    If I buy it, do you promise to go away and not come back?
    My thoughts exactly, Bones. I see his 2nd post is as brilliant as his first.........

WT, please do something with this thread before it gets uglier........

Originally posted by skcusffaidude
    Here is option No. 2
    Wow......... 3 posts in a row......... you are a genius......

Unhappy

I don't want you tee shirt and we surely don't want you here!

If you're smart enough to get a degree you should have been smart enough to know where city limits are. Don't come crying here because you made an error.

Originally posted by MEck51
    If you're smart enough to get a degree you should have been smart enough to know where city limits are. Don't come crying here because you made an error.
    Ouch! That's gonna leave a scar on his psyche!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Default Re: Support a cause... Buy my products!

Originally posted by skcusffaidude
    You can support a cause, it's called the "I wasn't good enough to be a paid firefighter because my house is 32 feet out side the city limits, and now I'm high & dry with a degree in fire science, so now I have to do something to buy a house in the city so I can be a paid firefighter fund".

How can you support my cause? Buy a tee-shirt...
    First of all, nice screen name, very innovative putting IAFF sucks backwards skcusffaidude. That shows a lot of maturity and professionalism, I just can't understand why your city wouldn't bend their rules for you and hire you on the spot, I'm sure they must not have been thinking that day.

Secondly, most places that have residency clauses will do the entire interview process BUT you MUST have residency at the time of hire, so if your city falls under this umbrella you had plenty of time to make a change. It goes something like this, if you want something badly enough YOU make the changes necessary to make it happen; the rules don't bend or change to accomodate you. Furthermore, just because you happen to have obtained a Fire Science degree does not make you the greatest thing since sliced bread to the Fire Department. They are looking for a whole lot more than just a piece of paper that says you know how to read and recall information. They are looking for maturity, a team attitude, personality (positive), someone who is in it for the right reason's, etc.

Perhaps instead of blaming the IAFF and anyone else that you may feel has done you wrong, you should take a few steps back, do a lil soul searching and figure out what it is that YOU can do to bring about the things you want in life. Just like I always tell my son, there ain't no one who is just going to hand you the life you want on a silver platter, you have to work hard to get to where you want to be and sometimes that means doing things we don't like in order to get there. BTW, blaming others and not taking ownership of the problem is NOT a good start. Coming here and whining to guys/gals who have gotten to where they are with blood, sweat and tears is not going to win you any favoritism or support.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

former FH.com member

Lightbulb I've said it before (in another thread)...

....and I'll say it again. The only person stopping you from getting a job is you. NOW QUIT CRYING! go take a test or something.

I still want to know how he survived 4 years of school to get a degree. The level of brainpower exhibited here could not have gotten him that far.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

nm, it's not that hard for "just anyone" to take a course and pass it, ace it even; memorization of facts and figures for a short period, knowing "how" to take a test, recognizing key words in a question etc can make passing a breeze. However, that being said, anyone can be BOOK smart, let's see you apply what you've "learned" on the street, with confidence and mastery. Just because someone can recite, oh let's say all the facts and figures out of an IFSTA Manual doesn't mean they necessarily know how to apply those facts and figures in real life situations.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

darn... you all are a bunch of harsh people.... someone decides to vent and everyone jumps...makes me glad i rarely post.. i may not live up to the standards of all the great minds in here.

I agree with you 100% SAFD46TRUCK.

Venting is one thing, WHINING and COMPLAINING and PLACING BLAME are totally different. I didn't see the second post because it was edited, however the first one was a definite PITY PARTY. Not to mention the fact that the screen name is disrespectful and speaks volumes about the attitude of the poster. Besides, the poster obviously came here seeking a response, they got one, just not the one they expected that's all.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Pfire. I'm guessing you didn't see the other thread he started about this? The entire thread was deleted. It made his idiotic ramblings in this thread look like a love song. That is where my conclusions about lacking brain power came from.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

You are correct in that assumption nm, I wasn't "lucky" enough to have seen that piece of work before it was removed, however I did hear about it. Is that the one where he/she rambled on about the IAFF and Volunteers?

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Originally posted by xtremefire456
    darn... you all are a bunch of harsh people.... someone decides to vent and everyone jumps...makes me glad i rarely post.. i may not live up to the standards of all the great minds in here.
    If you can't take the heat, then don't post in the forums...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

I don't think anybody is being harsh. Guys and girls break their asses to get a job as a firefighter, they take the time find out requirments, they take the time to train and study. I know the things I had to do to get a job. I had to rent an apartment, 1 bedroom which means put the family on hold, I had to go to plenty of schools, guess what more time away from home, I had to apply myself 100%, I had to take the tests, and so did a great number of people working in this profession. Now we got this knucklehead coming out and crying about how he doesn't live up to the standards. Well the truth of the matter is, he is right. You don't live up to the standards if you did you might have a job.

It just goes to show that Affirmative Action works.

He recieved a loud and affirmative NO.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Thread Information