Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default People like this keep us in business!

From the FH.Com Home page.....

New York Mall Evacuated After Worker Starts Fire Trying To Kill Spider

Associated Press

JOHNSON CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- A worker at a sporting goods store tried to kill a spider by burning it and ignited a fire that caused the evacuation of the mall where the store is located.

Police charged Joseph Freer, 23, Binghamton, with fourth-degree arson, a felony, following the fire late Wednesday afternoon at the Champs Sports store in the Oakdale Mall, 80 miles south of Syracuse near Binghamton.

Freer, an assistant manager, doused the spider with a flammable substance and then lit it, said Johnson City Police Capt. Ted Wido. The blaze quickly spread to merchandise in the storage area, eventually engulfing the storage area in flames.

There were no injuries. But smoke from the fire quickly filled the mall, forcing it to close for the day.

The Champs store sustained serious smoke and water damage, Wido said. Several other nearby stores had slight to moderate smoke and water damage, he said.

[size=huge]D'oh![/size]
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Lightbulb Oh Well.......................... ......

Looks like this guy is out of a job. Anyone know if NASA is hiring Rocket Scientists anytime soon?
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Default Re: People like this keep us in business!

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    From the FH.Com Home page.....

New York Mall Evacuated After Worker Starts Fire Trying To Kill Spider

Associated Press

JOHNSON CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- A worker at a sporting goods store tried to kill a spider by burning it and ignited a fire that caused the evacuation of the mall where the store is located.

Police charged Joseph Freer, 23, Binghamton, with fourth-degree arson, a felony, following the fire late Wednesday afternoon at the Champs Sports store in the Oakdale Mall, 80 miles south of Syracuse near Binghamton.

Freer, an assistant manager, doused the spider with a flammable substance and then lit it, said Johnson City Police Capt. Ted Wido. The blaze quickly spread to merchandise in the storage area, eventually engulfing the storage area in flames.

There were no injuries. But smoke from the fire quickly filled the mall, forcing it to close for the day.

The Champs store sustained serious smoke and water damage, Wido said. Several other nearby stores had slight to moderate smoke and water damage, he said.

[size=huge]D'oh![/size]

Can we Say Homer J. Simpson Syndrome

If NASA needs a rocket scientist, the don't need to look any further, they may have found him already
    N.K Chaleunphone, FF/EMT-Basic
    Silver Hill Volunteer Fire dept

We Go Extreme or We Go Home

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Arrow

Imagine having to serve jail time....for a felony conviction. Whatdya tell the guys when thet ask you...."Whatcha in for dude?"

"Killing a spider?"
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber CFD Hazards's Avatar

The defense will claim he suffers from a mental defect called "Arachnophobia" and get counseling. He will be back on the streets in no time setting those 8 legged creatures on fire.

Default What a fool

This guy must have played alot of violent video games a child. A simple wad of **** paper and a quick flush would have done the trick. I think there may be a bit more to the story then this genius told to the PD.
    “Just when you think something is made to be Idiot Proof. They go a head and make a better Idiot”

He must of thought he would be hailed a hero for killing the spider.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Did this genius ever hear of maybe say um hmm...stepping on the spider???? If he didn't want to get his shoes dirty, he could have
    grabbed a pair of $130 Air Jordans off the shelf & whacked the spider with it...for that price, they should be useful for something other than just "looking good".

Just my 2 cents...Stay Safe...

MembersZone Subscriber

Why kill the little guy at all? Let him go outside where he can eat mosquitoes and other harmful insects. Spiders rock!

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

I think there may be a bit more to the story then this genius told to the PD.
    I'm with you, Neman.

What's the best way to get away with arson? Do something stupid like this chump, then tell 'em how you did it.

MembersZone Subscriber bolivas203's Avatar

Originally posted by kentbwj
    Why kill the little guy at all? Let him go outside where he can eat mosquitoes and other harmful insects. Spiders rock!
    I try telling the wife the same thing, but she gets plain freaked out by spiders.

Spiders are our friends...
    Stay alert and be safe.

Thread Information