Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Any audio/Video experts out there?

Need some advise..

My brother is getting married in two weeks, fool, we have a cousin who is a capatin in the Marines. He is currently in Fallujia Iraq. We would like to have him call into the wedding. Figured if he'd call my cell phone we could put him on speaker and he could talk over the mic.

Is this possible? - Is there going to be feedback? Does anybody have another suggestion?

Get home safe Kevin, - we miss you!
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

You could try putting the phone and mic in a separate room from the speakers. That would eliminate any possible feedback.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Perhaps a rig-up from the ear piece plug to the PA system.

It will feedback if you have the mic and speakers in one room. The easiest to do would be take the mic in a seperate room. If you have time and the expertise you can rig up the earpiece thing but it sounds hard
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

Putting a mic by the earpiece will sound like complete crap. Look at the sound system. Check to see if there is a ‘line in’ of some sort (most likely it will be on the amp racks). Take note of what size plug or jack it uses and go to Radio Hack, er… Shack, and tell them you need to go from the phone to the above mentioned plug.

go to Radio Hack, er… Shack, and tell them you need to go from the phone to the above mentioned plug.
    And they will say

"nope cant be done with this $4 dollar jack( which will work),its impossible,it will never work---Can I sell you a sprint pcs phone plan? ---- you are a fool. You need to buy this $900 radio sack(intentional) super duper phone speaker wedding converter and sprint pcs blender that will----Can I sell you a sprint pcs phone plan? --- break 30 seconds out of the box ,oh and dont bother returning it or asking for help. Can I sell you a sprint pcs phone plan? And you will need to spend another $60 in varios adapters to make it work anyway! Can I sell you a sprint pcs phone plan? "
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Originally posted by ffexpCP
    Putting a mic by the earpiece will sound like complete crap. Look at the sound system. Check to see if there is a ‘line in’ of some sort (most likely it will be on the amp racks). Take note of what size plug or jack it uses and go to Radio Hack, er… Shack, and tell them you need to go from the phone to the above mentioned plug.
    Just make sure it's a "line in" jack and not a powered jack for microphones, etc...it will fry your phone (fried a cd player once when I didn't realize someone had turned on the phantom power to the jacks...costly $300 mistake...especially for an intern.) Usually the line in's will be phono RCA jacks (like the ones found on the back of home entertainment systems, stereos) compared to either XLR (round socket with 3 plug holes inside) or 1/4" round plug.

Originally posted by stm4710
    And they will say

"nope cant be done with this $4 dollar jack( which will work),its impossible,it will never work---Can I sell you a sprint pcs phone plan? ---- you are a fool. You need to buy this $900 radio sack(intentional) super duper phone speaker wedding converter and sprint pcs blender that will----Can I sell you a sprint pcs phone plan? --- break 30 seconds out of the box ,oh and dont bother returning it or asking for help. Can I sell you a sprint pcs phone plan? And you will need to spend another $60 in varios adapters to make it work anyway! Can I sell you a sprint pcs phone plan? "
    stm, you don't sound bitter or anything against the "fine" people at Radio sHack or anything...I used to go in there quite a bit when I was an intern for a stage company doing lighting and sound. Had to go there as a last resort to pick up last minute connectors we needed. Luckily I dealt with the manager enough and he realized I knew exactly what I needed and not to push me into buying anything else including the "gold" connectors....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Alright, first of all, it will not just feed back because it is in the same room. Hello? Does the priest and everyone else who speaks in the church do it from another room... like the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz? No. If there is a microphone in church, like at a podium or something, that will work fine. You can also use the wireless mics that I'm sure they all have for walking around. Take the wireless mic and tap the mic right by the ear piece. Then, go to a another phone and call your cell phone to test it. If it works, your golden.

If it sounds like crap, you can try to adapt the phone's audio accessory jack to a line input assuming there is a so-equiped amplifier in place you get put the phone and have service.

All of the above can be done with a normal phone too. You don't need to use a cell. You could even get one of those recording devices that goes on the handset cord.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

All,

I can;t thank you guys enough for your input. I know we are going to be able to test this until game time. At least I have a few different options. I will let you kow how it turns out.

Thanks again.

Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Thread Information