Iranfromthezoo

Default Mississippi Lost one of it`s Bravest

It was Wednesdasy night, all of a sudden. Rankin County, in Mississippi set off every single tone on the paging system. The reason they will do this is for dive team, or annoucement. Little did we know that this would shock us all, since we are 35 close nitted deptartments that work for and with each other. Star Firefighter Richard Boggs had died. They then follow the funeral arrangements. He was 24 yrs old, so this kinda affects all of us. Today (Friday) was his funeral. At 10:45 a.m. Dispatch played Star`s tones and said simply and beautiful. "Star 221, You are cleared to go home." As a memorial to help the fire services, all fire dept`s went to every fire station, pulled the trucks out, cut every single light on, and played the sirens for one minute, and finally once stopped we said God Speed Bubba.

Just be praying for that FD because they were very close like any station is, and just let his family know that God is in control. Rankin County lost one of it`s bravest, but God gained another son.

---
    Star

Richard Lee "Bubba" Boggs, 24, died Tuesday, June 22, 2004, at home. Visitation is 5-9 p.m. today at Chancellor Funeral Home in Florence. Funeral services are 10 a.m. Friday, June 25, 2004, at the funeral home with interment in Florence City Cemetery with firefighter honors.

Mr. Boggs was a lifelong resident of Rankin County. He was a volunteer fire fighter with the Star Volunteer Fire Department and employed with Wicker Brothers Sheet Metal. He loved go-cart racing.

He is survived by his parents, Lee and Becky Boggs of Star; his sister, Casey Boggs of Star; grandparents, Bennie and Mary Boggs of Florence and CG and Eva Norton of Star and great-grandmother, Bessie Curtis of Phoenix, AZ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow, it seems there has had a lot of bad news lately everywhere.

I will definitely pray for Firefighter Boggs, his family, friends, and his department.

I like the idea with the rigs. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cause of death? I wish you all the best of luck with these difficult times ahead.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rest in peace brother Boggs.

The Flowes Store house will be praying for the our brothers at the Star House.

RFB-KTF-PTB

Thread Information