Cpt. Common Sents

Default Florida Fire Departments

I am going to Florida on Tuesday and would like to get any information on any fire departments that are hiring in or around Pinellas County. Thats around the Tampa and Clearwater area.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated

Forum Member

Thumbs down Florida Firefighter

You need your FL Firefighter Cert. & a FL Medic Card . I'am a Federal Firefighter and the State Florida will NOT take my DOD Firefighter I & II and my medic Card. The State of Florida will only take Florida Firefighter Certs!!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Florida law foes allow departments to hire but must be certified within 1 year of date of hire. You can challenge the state certification, from what I have read it is a long process, you have to document all the training you can look at Florida Statute 633 for more details and the Florida State Fire College web site will give you more information. www.fsfc.ufl.edu/

Forum Member

Thumbs up Florida Firefighters Certs.

Kjohn23,

I Try to challenge the Florida State Certs. But the problem is that DOD or any State Firefighter 1 & 2 is 260 hrs.Florida State Firefighter is 360hrs.I submitted by

Nat. Firefighter I & II
    Nat. Haz-Mat Ops.
    SC Firefighter I
    Nat. EMT
    Nat. Fire Officer I & II
    Nat. MPO

They Told me I must go to a State of Florida Fire School to get my certs in Florida.

Default ? for kjohn

kjohn23
    Florida law foes allow departments to hire but must be certified within 1 year of date of hire

Hey Kjohn23

What City’s in Florida hires with out having Florida certified .But lets you get in 1 year????? That news to me

Thanks

Forum Member

I belive Orange County(Orlando area), and Metro-Dade Counties will hire and send you through the academy.Not sure of any others but I am sure that they are ou there.

Thread Information