Forum Member

Default A Southsiders take

This is some pretty funny stuff.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

At least it's keeping our post up. The other threads were pretty stagnant.

Hiya Mikey! Haven't seen you in a coon's age!
    Last edited by jaybird210; 06-30-2004 at 11:11 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

WOW....
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

If an outsider can interject...

THIS IS BETTER THAN SPRINGER!

MembersZone Subscriber

But Alan, there's no "beeps." And no bare boobs. Thusly, it can't POSSIBLY be better than Springer.

IT'S THE THREAD THAT WON'T DIE!!!

If I may also point out, she hasn't been back since she editted her first post. She's letting all the illiterates mouth off for her.

A quick tally:

911badgirl, number of posts: one (1)
    firedawg211983, number of posts: three (3)
    wildblaze, number of posts: two (2)
    MommaTridget80, number of posts: one (1)

Please, oh PLEASE, make this thread go away!!!

Okay, I gotta kinda admit, now it's getting to be a little bit of fun. We all need a little cdevoe in our lives. You just can't get ths kind of entertainment on the other site....

Forum Member

A wise man once said:
    "Ignore him and he'll go away"
    Actually, this was my dad...the one and only President of the IL forum...referring to my little brother. Well guess what? It works, my little brother hasn't called me stupid or poked me in the ribs in probably 10 years, because I quit saying "ouch" or "daddy, he called me stupid". I'd like to pass on this knowledge. If you don't want to hear what someone is saying, shut up instead of egging them on and getting them all riled up. You're making yourselves look just as immature, unclassy, and disrespectful as they look.
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

CR - 7
    jaybird - 4

but who's counting?
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

Laura:
    If I may respond to this:
    If you don't want to hear what someone is saying, shut up instead of egging them on and getting them all riled up. You're making yourselves look just as immature, unclassy, and disrespectful as they look.
    I respectfully disagree. If you have looked at the quality of their's vs. our's, there is clear evidence that Flatlanders have a higher IQ. Or at least can articulate an argument at a higher level of intelligence. I know where the shift key on the keyboard is and I use spell check, anyway.
    The other interesting aspect to all of this is that the interlopers profess a propensity for Firehouse Chat. Obviously, that's where all of the intelligent dialog takes place with them, because they haven't brought any of it here. I look at their post counts. Notice that they haven't posted too many thoughts because they must spend their time in CHAT, sharing all of their firefighter heroics and derry do with like minds. They choose not to participate in forums, because they would have to maybe even do a little research or at the very least, be willing to back up what they say with some semblance of fact. They don't. They feel as if we picked on "one of their chat friends". Too bad.
    So, if I may be so bold, it is they that needs to shut up, grow up, class up and be respectful.
    I can lower myself to their rules or I can raise the bar.
    They don't have that choice because of their genetics.
    I will not respond to any more of their dribble out of respect for President Jack.
    So thanks for responding. I needed to get that out.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Default Divide and conquer..thats their goal

Ok. Funs over. I would hate to see this turn into a (un)civil Flatlander war. Please... lets give peace a chance.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

ARRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Can't.......stop........ posting..... to... this........ ssssssttttttuuuuupppppiidddddd thhiiiinnnggggg.........

Somebody help me. Help me please.

(Jack, this'll make 5. I'm going to Iowa tomorrow, so many I can drown this disease in some brew)

Forum Member

Theres medication for your condition Jay. By the way,I forgot to pm you re: the Billy Graham Center fire. Roofers, heat, good stop. Pretty much sums it up.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FYI

All I wanted to do was speak with someone I had met. This ideal was suggested to me by a friend---Wasn't that a mistake!!!! The wink was a way of reminding that person of who I was---any objections from anyone yet?? Furthermore, let me tell you a little about myself: I'm a 48 yr. old female paramedic/firefighter in IL. I am a very honest, respectful human being. I have been divorced for 15yr. because my ex-husband choked me----YES, I AM A SURVIVOR of domestic violence. I have a 16yr. old son. I have supported my son for most of his life. I DONOT run the bars, sleep around, or do any of the other thoughts in some of your minds. Oh yeah, I do love a nice cold beer when I can, but other than working as a fultime medic in a hospital, volunteering for the ambulance and fire dept. in the town I live in, I have very little free time. I mentioned this forum to the person that had suggested it and a few other friends---by the way I have lots of friends all over the US----yes FRIENDS not sleeping buddies either and they didn't like some of your responses, and that is OK, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like *******s, everyone has one. (Not calling anyone names here--just a fact). I don't have to post a forum for a sleeping buddy--they aren't hard to find if thats what you want, BUT I have a hell of a lot respect for myself than that--that's why I am still single; there are not very many men who are not alcoholics, who are honest and trustworthy as well. What is wrong with Firehouse Chat??? It is a great place to talk about a bad run or incident----I have talked about mine as well as helped many friends, yeah I did safe someone's life in the chat room by talking to them because they did want to hurt themself--they seeked the counseling they needed---I would give you the name, but that is confidential information. Oh yeah, I could be a great counselor but I never went to school for it. I have worked in the medical field for 30yrs. Ok enough is enough. I can live with myself---can you???

Forum Member

Default Isn't that special?

NOW QUIT TRYING TO PICK UP MY HUSBAND !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Divide and conquer..thats their goal

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    Ok. Funs over. I would hate to see this turn into a (un)civil Flatlander war. Please... lets give peace a chance.
    Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, how could you say this and then do what you did in your last post?
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Default Sorry Jack....

The DEVIL made me do it !
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Default hangs head

Wow unbelievable...Well, I don’t guess there is anything that I could interject at this point that wouldn’t be unnecessarily scrutinized or ridiculed...I just wanted to express my alliance with 911badgirl (she is a dear friend) and I will save all my expressions of disappointment and amazement for the chat room as requested.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hopefully all the new Illinois posters will continue to post here, except in the forums that actually have true meaning. This brought a few more flatlanders out of the woodwork, didn't it?
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Lesson learned

I guess if there is a lesson to be learned here, it is that everyone; myself notwithstanding, should choose their words very carefully.
    911badgirl; if you can accept my apology for being so presumptive, upon reflection, any normal human being with average intelligence would have taken your original post the wrong way. I did and for that, I sincerely apologize.
    To all of you; my comment about taking out the trash was in no way calling 911badgirl "trash", but the assumption was made by some that I was calling her trash. I was not! But if my words were misconstrued and confusing, then again; I apologize.
    I don't think that anyone should feel that Flatlanders are trying to suppress, repress or oppress anyone into believing that we want to sanitize what is said in the Illinois forums. The thing that makes us unique and sets us apart from the other state forums is that we are a diverse bunch that have an open exchange of ideas and opinions and even disagree from time to time. And it is done respectfully.
    I didn't do THAT in this thread. I try to be respectful, but somehow, with this discussion, I wasn't. It must be the pressure from always being right!
    So; 911badgirl; welcome to the Illinois forums. It is obvious that you have friends in high places. But I will still stay out of the chats. I prefer HERE.
    Now; the rest of you can put away the rolled up newspapers.
    I think you can also reassure our state president that his authority is still intact. And the vice president for that matter.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Default People should...

.......Lighten up a little. The Illinois people are a pretty decent sort. We dont need a bunch of Interlopers telling us how we should "behave". Art apologized for being a big meanie as he should have. I aint apologizing for NUTTIN.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Thread Information