Thread: Confined Space

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Confined Space

We are in the process of putting our lines into looms that will bundle air, communications, and tag lines into one bundle, simplifying line management. A member suggested making one line a "utility" line, with supplied air as needed for a victim, but also incorporating an electric line. I am interested in hearing about how other groups have addressed line management issues. Until receiving the loom we have either taped or wire tied lines together.

Forum Member

I want to manage as few lines as possible in a confined space. Having all lines in a loom is an easy way to help in keeping all of those lines from becoming tangled together. As for an electric line, why? If the situation is bad enough that you are on suplied air, I wouldn't think you would want the extra worry of hauling one more line in the space. You would also have to make sure that the devices hooked up were intrisically(sp?) safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just make sure you can dump them when you need to. Don't include your safety line in the bundle. If you loose your air and need to go on the escape bottle you do NOT want to have to drag the useless air line, and com line and whatever else. You need to get out with just the safety line on you.

We usually just have the lines run through pullys on the tripod and into the space. Also they come from multiple sources around the hole so they don't get twisted.

FIGJAM

I'm with ADSNWFLD on this one. Keep your safety lines seperate from all others so as you can make a hasty escape if and when required...
    Luke

Thread Information