Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

Default Solid Faom Nozzle?

Got a strange call the other day, I can only guess it was because I requested a POK catelog off their website.

A guy from their R&D department or some such thing was traveling around Montana and wanted to see what I thought of their new nozzle, but he was on the far side of the state so I didnt get a chance to look at it in person.

They came up with a nozzle that has a solid cylinder of Class A foam concentrait, IIRC 3% mix. You just attach it to the hose and crack it open, bingo, instant foam no mixer, no on board foam system, no brainer.

He figured they would run about 800$ give or take. The foam from these is supposed to be cheaper then liquid foam, he estimated about 1/5 the cost of liquid.

He said he has already taken a lot of orders from this state. I am considering it as a option for our trucks that do not have a foam system currently.

Anybody played with one of these yet in person?

What is the foam cartidge like? Shelf life?

Thoughts, impressions, opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Thread Information