Forum Member

Unhappy Past Record is rough

Hello, my name is Mark and I'm majoring in Fire Science Technology. I have hopes of becoming a full time EMS and part time firefighter with the Chicago Fire Department in the near future.
    In the past I smoked weed. I wasn't smoking it everyday, but the past summer I smoked up every week. I decided that I didn't like the way I acted on it, and the way my so called "friends" acted on it. I hae been sober for along time and I have never felt better.
    I'm worried that the question will come up "Have you ever done drugs in the past ?" and or "Have you ever been under the influence while driving ?" The answers to both these questions is Yes, and I'm not happy about it. I'm not going to lie and say I have not done it. I'm worried that this will prevent me from getting a job

Forum Member

Honesty is the best policy IF the question comes up, don't volunteer information that is not asked for. If they do ask just be honest and tell them what you've said here. We all make mistakes as young'uns but eventually we see the light and grow up ya know. Lying or stretching the truth is never the answer because those things have a nasty way of coming back and biting you on the *** when you least expect it. If I were you I wouldn't worry about this, if they ask they ask ......... hopefully they won't. You don't have a criminal record from this sort of thing do you?
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Default Yes it will

You can plan having it brought up not so much in the oral board but in the background and psych. And yes it will have a big impact on your getting hired, especially if it's been less than 5 years since you last smoked the herb.

Scroll down the topics on this page and look at this posting Psychological test/background interview

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

I haven't been caught with it on me nor have I been caught smoking it.It's just been ****in me off that I tried it.

-mark

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Drug test possibilities

My husband is currently in the hiring process for a large fire dept and one of the last stages is a hair drug test. They say that depending how long the hair sample is (chest, head, leg, etc) they can find drug use up to seven years ago. That would be my only concern if I was you. Just wanted to let you know.
    Julie

Thread Information