I can see all kinds of one liners coming from this one.....
(CNN) -- A 16-year-old California girl suffered second degree burns Thursday when her cell phone caught fire in her back pocket, according to the Ontario Fire Department.
The teenager was volunteering at an Ontario youth recreation center when witnesses heard a loud "whooshing" sound, said Frank Huddleston, a fire department investigator.
Huddleston said the victim didn't even know what was happening, and witnesses said they thought it was fireworks.
Witness then saw her pocket explode with smoke and fire, he said.
The girl was in a kitchen and near a pot of water, so the flames were quickly extinguished, Huddleston said.
The victim was transported to Chino Valley Medical Center where she was treated and released with small second-degree burns to her right buttock.
The phone is a Verizon Kyocera, but because of damage investigators could not tell the model number.
Ontario is east of Los Angeles near San Bernardino.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
07-02-2004, 12:03 PM #1
Girl burned when cellphone catches fire in pants.....Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.
07-02-2004, 12:26 PM #2
I'll leave the one-liners alone - they're not as much fun when they write themselves.
On the serious side, there have been several stories like this out lately. Most of them seem to have been caused by poor quality counterfeit batteries. As bad as a burned buttock is, imagine it happening with the phone sitting in the seat of her car, on her bed in the middle of the night, etc.
07-02-2004, 01:34 PM #3
God shes HOT. I guess she was wearing HOT pants. Do you think she had the HOTSfor me. She was SMOKEIN'. Shes got a HOT butt.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAI dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
07-02-2004, 03:06 PM #4
In other news ,... Parents now have a new reason to warn their children against the use of 1-900 style HOT lines ...
07-02-2004, 03:10 PM #5To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
GO WHITE SOX!!!!!
07-02-2004, 07:34 PM #6The girl was in a kitchen and near a pot of water, so the flames were quickly extinguished...
07-02-2004, 10:09 PM #7
stm4710, is that a proximity suit you have on? Just in case your phone catches fire.
07-02-2004, 10:27 PM #8Originally posted by Fire40man
stm4710, is that a proximity suit you have on? Just in case your phone catches fire.I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
07-02-2004, 10:31 PM #9The girl was in a kitchen
Last edited by stm4710; 07-02-2004 at 10:35 PM.I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
07-02-2004, 11:27 PM #10
- Join Date
- Nov 2001
Wow, must have been some "hot" conversation
229, you took the words right out of my mouth about the pot of water. That was my first thought.IACOJ
07-02-2004, 11:54 PM #11
After the phone was extinguished, the girl's ex-boyfriend could still be heard on the line...."CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW, BIATCH???!!!"
Last edited by StayBack500FT; 07-02-2004 at 11:57 PM.May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.
I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer
"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree
07-03-2004, 05:22 PM #12
- Join Date
- Jun 2002
- Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
Do You Suppose....................... .
Was that loud clanging noise the sound of Sprint's Pin Dropping?.......Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
In memory of
Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006
IACOJ Budget Analyst
I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)