Utah-Orem Fire dept combats House Fire
Fire and Police responded to the above location on a house fire. When officers arrived heavy smoke was observed coming from the residence. All residents had vacated the residence. Fire origin was determined to be in a basement bedroom. It appears at this time the fire was started by a candle left burning. There was no fire extension to the upper level. The residence received heavy smoke and heat damage. Initial estimate of damage was $50,000.00. Cats were rescued from the home, but two birds were fatal. Officer Rochette was assigned scene security until morning, when the Arson Investigation Team responds at first light.