Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Job

Default Job

Well, I have an interview this upcoming Thursday morning with a Fire Dept. Sounds very promising from what I have heard!! I am very excited and looking forward to furthering my career. Thanks to everyone in here for the great discussions and great information. Keep it up. Thanks again LilYogi

MembersZone Subscriber SFDredhat126's Avatar

Good luck on the interview. Hope everything goes great for you.

I see you're from Erie. My volly fire dept. is looking for some info about the Erie FD. They want some info on how you maintain a volunteer ILS/ALS EMS service. If you are on that dept and are willing to give some info, please email me at mlutz00@hotmail.com.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Good Luck!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Good luck !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Good luck, yogi. I know you've been looking for a while.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

This is no good, yog. How can you tantilize us with this little snippet and not tell us where you're interviewing??!?!

Default ok here it is!

Sorry Jay, I didn't want to have bad luck by telling everyone where. However, The interview was yesterday morning and I feel it went pretty good. It was for the Rock Island Arsenal Fire Dept. They had narrowed it down to 2 canidates (myself and another, who is also a co-worker and friend of mine) They are filling one position at this time. They said they were going to meet after both interviews and make their decision and then human resources would contact whomever and offer the job to. Well..... I got a call yesterday afternoon from the human resources stating they are considering me for the joba and wanted me to fax a copy of my Paramedic license to them and the lady would be out of the office till monday so now I have to wait till then to find out. If I do get offered the job, I then have to take the physical agilty test. I met all the guys on shift yesterday and they all seemed pretty cool. I am looking forward to hopefully working there. I will keep you all posted if I hear anything. Thanks and have a great weekend. I get to work all weekend, 3p-7a Fri and sat, 3p-11p on sunday and 7a-11p on monday. Talk to you all later. Darin (lil yogi)

Default Great News

Well, I finally got the call today!! They offered me the Firefighter/Paramedic position. I go Friday morning to take the agility test and drug test and then a medical exam will be scheduled. They state I may start Aug. 8th!!! Please think of me on Friday!!! I am sure I will do fine. Thanks everyone Lil Yogi

Well, I passed the agility test yesterday!!!! I don't have a start date yet, have to wait for the drug screen to come back which they stat could be two weeks. I am really excited, everyone on shift yesterday, which is the one I will be on, was really great!

Thread Information