Grill starts fire in Danvers
By Andrew Hickey
DANVERS -- A grill burst into flames last night and sparked a two-alarm house fire on Cabot Road.
Investigators at the scene said the grill was about three feet from the house at 36 Cabot Road, near Danvers High School, when it somehow erupted into flames just after 8:30 p.m.
Police arrived on the scene first and found the grill fully engulfed.
As firefighters were responding, the fire spread to the rear of the light blue single-level home.
The fire crept into the house's eaves, requiring firefighters to cut open the roof and attack the flames from above.
The fire was put out within minutes, investigators said. But the house had to be ventilated because the flames created heavy smoke.
Late last night investigators remained at the home to make sure the fire didn't flare up and to investigate the blaze.
No injuries were reported in the fire.
Middleton firefighters assisted the Danvers Fire Department at the scene. Fire crews from Beverly, Peabody, Salem and Topsfield provided coverage at Danvers headquarters.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Grill starts fire in Danvers
07-03-2004, 10:18 PM #1
Grill starts fire in DanversI dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)