Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Monitoring visit.

The nice lady from DHS is coming to do a monitoring visit. Any tips from those who've been through one?

What all do I need to have ready for her? I'd like to make it as painless as possible for everyone involved...

Thanks!

Forum Member

jp,

I just had ours about 3 weeks ago. Our DHS rep, probably the same one for you, sent me a sheet of all the items that needed discussed. Most of it was all of the paperwork, grant application, requests for payments, 1099a, bids, receipts, etc. On the FD side, it was SOGs, bidding processes, insurance, inventory, etc.

If you saved all of your paperwork, you are way ahead of the game. All of these items need put in their own special file. My monitoring session lasted about 25 minutes. Nothing major and she was very helpful in identifying the items that were missing. Put those items together after our session and sent them to her.

Good luck, Dan

Forum Member

Thumbs up Meeting with FEMA Rep

I received a call on Monday of this week from our FEMA Rep. She wanted to meet with us to go over our grant, and so we met yesterday.

We had all of our paperwork in order, categorized in a 3-ring binder, so we didn't have to hunt for anything. (I'm pretty anal when it comes to paperwork.)

She asked questions, and I promptly provided her with everything she needed to know. She said she was very impressed with our organization, and jokingly (??) asked if I wanted to come to work for FEMA in the grant program.

She was a very nice lady, (former Fire Chief from Florida), and it was a very pleasant meeting. I hope everyone has as good a meeting with their FEMA Rep as we did.
    Grant me the strength to change things I can, accept what I can't, and to know the difference.

Thread Information