Default Well if these two aren't fine, outstanding young citizens

And you thought Beavis & Butthead where cartoon characters...

Blast leads to arrests

2 Clinton men are arraigned

Karen Nugent
    T&G STAFF

CLINTON- John D. Rousseau, who is under house arrest and awaiting trial on arson charges, was arrested Wednesday night with his longtime friend Michael P. Dreslinski, for allegedly setting off homemade bombs behind his Wilson Street home.

Mr. Rousseau, 25, of 266 Wilson St., and Mr. Dreslinski, 24, of 60 Water St., were arrested around 11 p.m. Wednesday after the police dispatch center received a 911 call reporting an explosion at 266 Wilson St.

Both men are charged with possession of an infernal machine and disturbing the peace. In the police log, Mr. Dreslinski's occupation is listed as a foundation worker, and Mr. Rousseau's as a "prisoner on bracelet program."

The arrests were made by Detective Miguel A. Martinez, and Officers Earle M. Cadoret Jr. and Thomas F. Nelson.

They were arraigned on the charges yesterday in Clinton District Court, and are due back today for further arraignment, a clerk said.

The two have had run-ins with several police agencies since they were in their early teens. They have been accused by police of stealing or disabling electrical meters, fire boxes, and burglar alarms. Both have been sentenced to prison terms for breaking into buildings in state parks, stealing tools and equipment from state parks, vandalizing a construction site, and, in Mr. Rousseau's case, killing skunks and impersonating police officers on police radio frequencies.

Mr. Rousseau was accused last year of starting four fires in vacant buildings and one in a trash bin. He is awaiting trial on 10 charges related to the fires, and for impersonating a police officer. He was released earlier this year on $25,000 cash bail, put up by his grandmother, he said.

His next appearance in Worcester Superior Court is scheduled for July 27, for a pretrial conference, a spokeswoman for Worcester District Attorney John J. Conte said yesterday.

He has already served two prison sentences for vandalism, breaking and entering, and cruelty to animals.

Mr. Dreslinski and Mr. Rousseau were convicted in 1996 of vandalism at the construction site of the new Sawyer Elementary School in Bolton. Mr. Dreslinski did not receive jail time in that case. Mr. Rousseau was sentenced to six months in the Worcester County House of Correction.

Mr. Dreslinski was arrested by the Clinton police in 1997 for threatening people over a citizens band radio.

In 2000, Mr. Rousseau was convicted of cruelty to animals, and received one year in the House of Correction.

In 2001, both men were convicted of breaking and entering and larceny at state parks in Oakham and Douglas. Mr. Rousseau received a two-year sentence; Mr. Dreslinski got six concurrent 19-month sentences.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

MembersZone Subscriber

AHHH were they volunteers ?

Forum Member

I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Originally posted by gfpdwh
    No, just a couple of local skells.

Why are you stirring up the defacational stew?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Lighten up Cap.
    If we can't laugh at ourselves who is?
    gfpdwh
    24yr. Vol.

IACOJ Agitator

With only 8 posts, unless you have been lurking or using a different name, you are newbie to the boards...

Certain topics are loaded guns.

Career/Volunteer
    Smooth Bore/Fog
    Leather/whatever that other material is

and I'm sure I am forgetting some. The biggest is the career/volunteer topic. Some of the heat is just from one side hating the other, other times it just might relate to a inferiority/superiority complex. By making a simple comment like that, which I chuckled BTW, someone might take it the wrong way then all hell would break loose. It's happened countless times here.

Anywho...back on topic...

Dal, we should nominate them for "Citizen of the Year"!
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

MembersZone Subscriber

Adze39
    No malice intended, Thanks for the insight
    gfpdwh

FTM-PTB

"JOLLY ROGERS"
    FDNY E255 L157
    York, ME Fight'n Four :P

"Ridin with pride" 1971 American LaFrance, former Hartford CT ENGINE 15
    "Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on"

Forum Member

"So MrRosseau, seeing as you have made it through the paper sift and now have an interview for the post. Can you tell me what this entry on your resume means?"

"Which one?"

"The one which states for several months, you were a "prisoner on a bracelet programme"?

"Well, ahh, ummm, shucks....did I tell you I was good with expolosives?"

100,000 spermatoza and this one got through...
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Not Really................

Originally posted by gfpdwh
    Of Course Not! You have to pay people very well in order to get them to do this stuff.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

100,000 spermatoza and this one got through
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information