MembersZone Subscriber

Smile PWC, Here I Come! (Thank you CaptBob!)

Well, it appears some cosmic brain fart has caused the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue in Virginia to decide they want to hire a knucklehead like me. (I suspect a little "Puff, Puff, Pass" must have been occuring while they were making this decision, but who am I to complain? ) I received "The Call" this morning and I now have 2 weeks to get everything in order and move down there. It'll be a little hectic but definitely well worth it. The recruit class starts on the 26th and they will have an orientation for recruits and their family on the Thursday beforehand which I thought was quite nice.

This is so amazing and I can't wait for my first day of training (that is unless they run out of whatever they are on and come to their senses). Thank you guys for helping me realize that firefighting is where I want to be. And I want to especially thank CaptBob for his guidance on his website and on this forum. There is no way I would have had a chance of getting this job without it. Thank you very very much! Now I am blessed enough to be able to live the dream.
    "Without freedom of thought there can be no such thing as wisdom, and no such thing as public liberty without freedom of speech." ~Printed in "The London Journal" around 1722

"Fish and guests stink after three days."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Proud Member of IACOJ

Forum Member

Congrats on the new job, now rember look sharp because its the right thing to do. CaptBob gives some great advice and has helped many of us knuckleheads get our badge, hopefully he knows just how much his a dvice means.

Permanently Removed

Default Our words paid off...

Originally posted by kjohn23
    Congrats on the new job, now rember look sharp because its the right thing to do.
    Look sharp because...Where did you get that tag line? Glad
    you paid attention. (see below)

As for Capt. Bob, I think he is on vacation now. Please
    forward your good words to him for he loves these stories
    and can issue you a success "badge number" from his
    program.

Congrats and good luck. I know the feeling...Bou

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Congratulations,
    I wish you a long, safe, and happy career. Welcome to the Fire Fighting family.

Forum Member

Default Alright!

Optical42

Bravo! Congrats on the success in gaining your badge! Thank you for letting us know. We here by bestow upon you are badge number 2,183 in our program. You have proved once again that our program works.

To help you get started in the academy and as a new rookie check out the New Firefighter section in the FREE 101 Inside Secrets here:
    http://eatstress.com/faq.htm

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

888-238-3959

Forum Member

Default You got to love it!

KJohn23 wrote:

CaptBob gives some great advice and has helped many of us knuckleheads get our badge, hopefully he knows just how much his advice means.

My passion is to see candidates who might be stuck get turned around and nail that badge. I get emotional every time a candidate gets their badge.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!" Ask Eric

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com
    Last edited by CaptBob; 07-14-2004 at 11:11 PM.

Thread Information