Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nxg2

Forum Member

Default Nxg2

Hey peeps. Im new to the post. I am looking to talk to anybody out there that have used the new NXG2. Our department received a grant this year and one the the things that are going to bought are 12 packs, so I would like to hear some input that anyone has to offer on the NXG2.

Thanks

abarker(or call me auk)

Default Re: Nxg2

Originally posted by abarker
    Hey peeps. Im new to the post.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not a 'peep'. But I have played with the NXG2 some, and my department is looking to take bids on replaceing our 2.2's with 4.5 NXG2's. If you can ask questions you want answered in a language that an old fart can understand, I'll answer all I can.
    Check out my blog: The Fixit Shop

Forum Member

Default NXG2

peeps--people...

Anyways, I have heard of some issues with cross contamination with stage 1 regulator. I dont know much about it considering the packs we use now are atleast 15 years old. But the issue might have been a pitch by a salesman to get us away from the NXG2. But from what I have seen of the NXG2 I like them alot and the department likes them alot.

GIT-R-DONE

AUK

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile Peeps?..................

Since you are new here, you don't deserve a boatload of bologna over the use of "Peeps" Let's just say that term is, well, not well appreciated here. All happened way before your time, but there are those who still get "upset" at it. Listen (Read) a lot and learn, we'll try to help.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber firefighterbeau's Avatar

we recieved our NXG2's a few months ago and they have worked pretty good for us, the 3 times they've been used so far. there is one small problem that we have found, the lights on the back of the pak are supposed to flash amber when the pak is on but without the bottle on and they are flashing green. from what i have been told ours have a computer chip or some small part that went out right away, small problem, didn't take our scott dealer long to fix. the following is the light color for what is happening, green is everything is good, amber is searching for air, and red is pass alert and out of air, and for some reason wasn't working that way.

I've always loved the Scott pack over the MSA.. The old MSA face mount regulators were terrible IMO, hard to shut off to disconnect, and a bit if a pain in the butt to reconnect.

However, MSA gave us a hell of a deal to upgrade or trade in (not on the SCBA committee so I don't know which they did) our old MSA belt mounts to face mounts, and I must say the new face mounts from MSA are very nice. You can preconnect your regulator to your face piece as most do, but when you go to disconnect for this or that, your regulator still hangs from your facepiece, which is a nice feature. The facepiece itself is a bit more bulky than the Scott facepiece, but we've pretty much gotten used to it I think..

Question

PEEPS??????

I thought that I was logged into Firehouse.com and not AOL!!!

Let me ckeck my connections again and if I did make a mistake and logged into AOL, I must log off and delete that before it sends out a virus, that will eat my hard drive again!!!

I like the Survivair Panthers.

Forum Member

Default Well crap!!

OK OK OK OK I made a self note.. I wont use peeps again. Geesh.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are also purchasing 12x SCBA (with Fire Grant $).

Anyone that has used both NxG2 and Air-Pak Fifty? Words of wisdom comparing the two?
    Last edited by neiowa; 08-14-2004 at 01:18 PM.

Forum Member

My department also recently recieved some new MSA SCBA. The regulator, which hangs on the face piece, is a very nice, time-saving feature. I'm not sure about the scott SCBA, but do they come with the heads up display. In our new face pieces, there is a set of led lights in the bottom corner that show how much air is in the tank. I like this feature and wasnt sure if they were on the scott face pieces as well.

Originally posted by Buceyes86
    My department also recently recieved some new MSA SCBA. The regulator, which hangs on the face piece, is a very nice, time-saving feature. I'm not sure about the scott SCBA, but do they come with the heads up display. In our new face pieces, there is a set of led lights in the bottom corner that show how much air is in the tank. I like this feature and wasnt sure if they were on the scott face pieces as well.
    I believe all new SCBA are required to have a heads up display....... or at least another "visual" indicator of air left in the bottle......

calling Rstandi ............calling Rstandi !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information