Thread: tanker

MembersZone Subscriber

Question tanker

Looking for input from anyone with experience with SouthernFires tankers.

Forum Member

Exclamation Tanker

I have never heard of Southern Fire Tankers! If you are looking for a tanker, give U.S. Tanker a look. They are a few more dollars than the competition, but when you get the truck in - it will be the best build rig in your fleet. People just never have to have them tweaked after delivery. They are the best in the business.

Forum Member

Considering you are in WI try Monroe truck, in Monroe, WI.

Forum Member

Might also want to contact stock manufactiring in Newton - Just South of Manitowoc - In addition to building the newton dump they build a wet side tanker. We run two of them here any several other departments around here have them as well.

http://www.newtonkwikdump.com/

SBLG

www.sblgfd.com

Default Tanker

I'm not familiar with the company that your mentioned, but we just took delivery in April of 2004 on a brand new tanker. And let me say that this an outstanding piece of machinery. The tanker was made by Stainless and Repair Inc, out of Marshfield, WI. The chassis was from Wisconsin-Kenworth. I see your out of Oxford, if your at all interested in taking a look... I'm located in North Freedom,WI just west of Baraboo. My email is jsabol@co.sauk.wi.us

Joe Sabol
    North Freedom Fire Dept.
    North Freedom, WI

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Thank you for your replys, we are looking at Monroe and Stainless Repair. We have a couple of closer departments with Stainless and are going to look at them first.

Forum Member

Another company you can check out is Custom Fire Apparatus over in Osceola. They make a really nice product. I encourage you to at least look at their website, and consider what they have to offer.

Some of you may notice that I talk a lot about Custom, but the experiences we have had there are great. We have purchased three trucks from them, two pumper/tankers and a heavy rescue, and had at least three others modified. The owner, Jim Kirvida, is a great guy to deal with, and his staff is excellent.

If you decide to look at Monroe Truck, and you come down this way to look at their outfit, give me an email (link below). We aren't too far away, and you can stop in at our station and see the infamous black trucks.

Also, if you have any questions about Custom Fire, and you don't want to ask them, you can send me an email.
    Last edited by fdmhbozz; 07-26-2004 at 12:16 AM.
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Forum Member

Default Southern Fire Tankers

Sklump:

Please see the attached thread.

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...=southern+fire
    Fyrtrks

Forum Member

I know of two manufactures of vacuum tankers for the fire service, Firevac and Southern Fire. I have seen them both and they seem to produce a good truck but have different philosophies, I tend to favor the southern fire tanker(but that is just me). To compare them is like comparing Ford vs Chevy. I can tell you that a number of FDs west of me use Firevac. The biggest problem with vacuum tankers is trying to fit them into a standard shuttle.

http://www.southern-fire.com/tankers.html

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you for your inputs. After research and bids/quotes we went with stainless steal and repair body on a Peter built, should be a good unit.

Forum Member

I realize this is now a dead issue, but for the benefit of anybody else looking for a apparatus mfg. I can also assure there is no better made apparatus then Custom Fire out of Osceola WI. I know the equipment at FDMH very well, and it is all top quality. But I also speak of the many trucks they have made in WI,MN, And the few in IL. The only negative I can see is they are not cheap. Some others are Pierce, Seagrave, and I already mentioned Monroe.
    Last edited by GggFF3P; 11-08-2004 at 01:32 PM.

Forum Member

Well, my department purchased two US Tankers in 1998. They are great units, and US tanker stands behind everything they do!! BOTH of our tankers' tanks were leaking. US tanker took both of them back and replaced the tank liners. They were pretty quick about it too!!!

Thread Information