Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Officer killed by drunk driver

http://www.news10now.com/content/top...asp?ArID=23810

Not really realted to anything specific but this ****es me off.

Ilion police officer killed in DWI-related accident
    Updated: 7/12/2004 7:48 PM
    By: News 10 Now Staff

People in the village of Ilion are mourning the loss of a well-liked policeman.

Officer Ryan Parks died Saturday while riding his motorcycle in the town of Litchfield.

He was not on-duty at the time.

State Police say a drunk driver ran a stop sign and hit Parks at the intersection of Albany and Roberts Streets.

People in the village of Ilion are mourning the loss of a well-liked policeman. Officer Ryan Parks died Saturday when his motorcycle was struck by a drunk driver.

They identified the driver as Deborah Rogers of Richfield Springs. She faces DWI and vehicular manslaughter charges.

Monday, family and friends remembered Officer Parks and his contributions to Ilion.

"For me to have been away from the area for about six years now, to discover that he had done so much in the community here, I didn't even know and I'm so very proud of him,” said his mother, Merry Ann Wright.

Parks' funeral takes place Wednesday.

Village leaders say they plan to find a fitting way to honor him.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

It ****es me off, too. As an auxiliary police officer, I was directing traffic during our local 4th of July celebration and fireworks. It was my first time doing this, and I could not believe the number of people who were not only rude, but just plain imbeciles behind the wheel. One idiot drove right up to me and told me that he WAS going to go down the closed street I was blocking. I informed him that he would not be doing anything like it. My partner came over and stood beside me, and the man eventually turned around. Another dimwit drove over the cones we had placed to block the left turn lane into the blocked street. The cones got stuck under his car, and I had to pull them out, then block traffic to get him back into the correct lane. There were more incidents, but you get the picture.

My heart goes out to the constable's family and fellow officers. What a terrible tragedy for them.

Remember to be careful out there. You never know who's going to be driving up next.

Thread Information