Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Window Washing

Forum Member

Default Window Washing

Just trying to find out if anyone has any really good window washing tricks. I am the window washing technician, I use a washing solution in a bucket, with a washer/ squeege combo. The problem is when the washer is soaked in water, it likes to drip on the window that has already been squeeged. Do you catch my drift???? Is there a better way???? Thanks for your help!!!! Stay Safe!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Yes, Start at the top and work down.
    Better yet, get somebody else to clean them.

get somebody else to clean them.
    Like an cadet/explorer/junior!

Hey Water Boy- I'm with protomkv on this one- start at the top!

Luke

Use A Cadet/Junior/Explorer Isnt A Bad Idea But Some Arent The Brightest and Will Laugh In Your Face Which Is The Stupidest Thing To Do. I Washed Our Ambulance Down This Past Week Myself With Someone And Im A Cadet Since We Didnt Train And I WANTED To Do Something So I Decided, Hey It Needs A Cleaning......

In Other Words...

Occassionally Grab A Junior/Cadet/Explorer to do it but sometimes help out and do it yourself so he/she does not feel like they are being used and loses there interest thinking all they will do is wash windows and trucks.

**NOTE** I am saying to share between training, and hands on work with the company and station duties to keep them interested and learning at the same time during their "cadet" time.
    Last edited by Engine7Cadet; 07-15-2004 at 05:49 PM.
    Mike
    Levittown, NY
    Cadet Corps Member
    1st Lieutenant

Occassionally Grab A Junior/Cadet/Explorer to do it but sometimes help out and do it yourself so he/she does not feel like they are being used and loses there interest thinking all they will do is wash windows and trucks.
    A Junior/Cadet/Explorer shouldn't have to be "grabbed". If we aren't doing anything else such as training, doing school work, or something more important, we should be right there helping. There is no reason NOT to jump up and offer to give them a hand. Slow day and not to much is happening? Ask someone to pull a truck out so that it can be washed.

No reason why we cannot be ASSIGNED station duties for when we want to be there for a shift. When shift starts at 7 AM I'm happy to grab a broom or mop and help clean house. What's that? Need the toilets done? I'll be right on it once I'm done the floor. Oh, if you feel like your being used and all you do is wash trucks, think how the guys feel when they clean house all morning without anything happening? Doesn't it suck to do all that work, have everyone be safe, and not get your daily dosage of whacker while responding? No.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking You Wash Windows??..............

Wash Windows??? Man, I'm a Truckie, We BREAK Windows.....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Bah use a towel, the rest will air dry.. when you go into that much effort to clean the truck, yer bound to get a run within the next 30 mins

Ok, I agree that if your on a shift and all and yes, you should do all the work. I totally agree with all of what you said. I just am saying that if you dont let a junior do both training and the work duties they could feel that way. Like if you were a junior and you were always mopping floors or something while the crews trained and usually you train with them, wouldnt you feel a little bit disappointed or somethign?
    Mike
    Levittown, NY
    Cadet Corps Member
    1st Lieutenant

MembersZone Subscriber

On smaller jobs, like car windows, use newspaper instead of paper towels to help prevent streaks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Woods......
    I never seen a truckie with no white helmet and a bunch of intertwined plungers on it. How exactly do you break all those windows from the command post out in the front/across the street/from the front seat of a suburban anyway? Throw rocks at them? Me, I just order the guys to take care of the windows and Voila', done, but only on Wedensdays....
    Leroy140 (yes, THAT Leroy)
    Fairfield, CT, Local 1426
    IACOJ Tillerman

For outside, Windex make this stuff that screws on to a garden hose. All you do is rinse, spray the cleaner and rinse again. Air dry. Works great

Dave

Thread Information