MembersZone Subscriber

Default Power Point Help

I am having a problem with Power Point.

The problem I am having is that my desktop is a Mac and my Dept. laptop is a PC. I had never copied anything to a CD before and I am having a problem. When I transfer a file to a CD am I done or do I have to burn it on? Weather I burn it or just place it on the CD I have no problem viewing it on my Mac but it doesn't even show up on the PC.

When I download a PP Presentation from a web site and burn it to a CD I have no problem viewing it on a Mac or a PC.

Any help or insight you could provide me on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    DKK
    Truck Man
    APFD
    IAFF Local 384:

"Above all, an assignment to a truck company should be considered a promotion."

Chief John W. Mittendorf-1998

Forum Member

MAC's are more forgiving and compatible when the CD is written by a MAC. They can also read some PC formatted CD's. PC's are not as forgiving and will not easily read a MAC written CD. There are some programs out there that I used a while ago that would convert between the two but not sure if they are around anymore. Try poking around www.download.com and see what you can find there.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Hi all,

Here is a link that I have found helpful with PowerPoint questions.

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/

Be Safe,

Captain Lou

Thread Information