Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Littleton, Colorado, Untied States of America

Default Newbie but loooking good still

Hey all. I'm Jason, a recently Firefighter One by the State of Colorado. I'm new here and I'm really close, I hope and I feel, to getting onto my first Volunteer Fire Department!

I'm nineteen and Firefighting runs in the family. My Dad is a Honorary Retired Firefighter from PA, my cousin currently a Firefighter in PA, and I'm the newest Firefighter of the family. Don't worry, we got nurses, techs, and cops in our family too; make for interesting medical discussions when I get back to PA.

This is what I currently have in training and certifications for the Fire Service:

-5 1/2 months as a cadet in an internship with a Fire Department

-Completed Fire Academy (4th highest grade, even beat my Squad Leader!)

-Firefighter One certification by the State of Colorado

-Haz-Mat Awareness certification by the State of Colorado

-Completed S-130/190 Wildland Firefighter (just have to Pact Test)

-Certification of Achievement (award from Fire Academy for hard-work)

-AED/CPR Certified (need to re-certify)

Well, I hope to be able to talk with other Firefighters, EMS workers, and Rescue workers here. And I'll give any advice to anyone just starting into the Fire Service in training or looking at it (it helps to get the view from someone who just been through it/going through it).

I hope to talk to you all soon!

-Jason

Thumbs up you sound pretty talented for someone so young

hey jason i'm danielle. You seem like you have alot going for you and your willing to go all the way. I'm from Delaware. and i'm new to the firefighting buisness. I volunteer for a small town called gumboro, i'm also a junior member and the youngest girl in the fire company. I've gone to fire school in dover and have taken and graduated from basic firefighting, vehicle rescue, haz-mat, and structual firefighting. i realized this is something i want to do . But i also want to take emt classes and then go to ocean city Maryland and become a paramedic. Most people say i can't do it because i'mma girl and i'm small.. i'm 5'2 ..100lbs.. but i can do anything i put my mind too and i defiantly have my mind on this. well its nice to meet another junior member thats ambitious and if you have any advice i'd really like to hear it ...thank you

Littleton, Colorado, Untied States of America

You can do anything you want, as long as you have the heart to do it.

-Jason
    "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials."

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." - Henry Ford

"Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there...and light the bloody thing yourself." - Sara Henderson

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me...the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings...to bind up the broken hearted." - The Healing One

Thread Information