Default Reference to the saying "Pull it"

First off, I'd like to state that I am not a firefighter.

And I'd also like to give my condolences to the men and women that lost their lives on the 9/11 attack.

I'm currently in a heated discussion about the lease holder of World Trade Center Building #7's quote:

"I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it. And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse"

The people I'm arguing with think that WTC7 was demolished versus falling due to the heat.. Simply by the fact that this gentlemen told the fire commander to "pull it".

I found a link to this website when I was trying to find some kind of reference to the slang 'pull it'.. Does it mean to pull the firefighters out of the building? Or is it slang for a control demolish?

Also, any ideas and/or facts regarding why WTC7 fell would prove my argument even more.. Thanks!

Forum Member

It means to take the firefighters out.....

If firefighters had the means required to implode a building in that short space of time we'd all be millionares....

Thanks for the reply! This is what I've been arguing for 3 days now and to hear it from a firefighter means gold ;p

MembersZone Subscriber

rwsdakota,

By around noon, WTC 7 was determined unstable and interior operations ended. Operating forces to the east were hampered by the prevailing breeze from the west which obscured the building due to smoke and debris in the air. Because of this, many firefighters were unknowingly close to the building when it collapsed, some as close as 200'.

One of those firefighters (who I know intimately) KNOWS there was no demolition charges set off because the building came down rapidly without any prior sounds*(see below) at all. I can trust his word as if it were my own.

You're debating with Killuminati, ultra_phoenix, et al. Stop!
    For that matter, donít waste time on any conspiracy theorists. They will drive you mad. Just refer them to the below theory I use to explain their ideas to them:

*"without any prior sounds" One possible explanation can be found in episode 18 from the second season of The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show Titled: BANANA FORMULA I'll let you search that one out for yourself.
    Last edited by E229Lt; 07-19-2004 at 07:59 AM.

Smile ..

Yes, I admit I'm debating with a bunch of conspiracy nuts

I'm never one to back down from a good debate.. especially when the debate is nonsense. But unfortunatly, some people on the forum that I'm debating on view just about everything as a conspiracy.. makes for good argument when I slap some facts in their face and they desperatly try to prove the facts wrong with facts that have no basis or ground.

I quoted the 2 replies in the thread, but it's had little effect.. shrug.. I give up

Thread Information