Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa July '05

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tulsa July '05

I wanted to start a new Tulsa thread for those of us just starting the testing process for the upcoming academy in July of 2005. The last thread was a great place for information and I encourage those that have already completed the process to post and tips you feel would be beneficial. Good luck to all throughout the upcoming year and good luck on the August exam, it is just around the corner. Share any information that you feel would be of service and post any questions that you are needing answered.

Post TFD

Well good luck to you Hickman. If you have not already you might want to sign up for the October orientation class. This would be helpful and it's prety cool. When I did one they had a Captain with 30 years on the job talk some; it was sort of like a pep talk about the job. A lot of people are applying but TFD is going to be hiring quite a few also. I finished my background interview last week and now I am just waiting to hear some word. TFD has been doing recruiting ads on the radio and on the news. It's a long process but it's well worth the wait. Hope to see you on the job. Did you apply for OKCFD this past January?
    Shawn Clark
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    Tulsa Fire Dept. E-23 "C Platoon"
    I.A.F.F. Local 176
    Tulsa, OK

i also wish you the best of luck. like i've said before it is a very rewarding process.

Default August Test

Well - Wednesday is the big test day for those of us who are testing this month. I am really excited.

Ash

good luck man.

so how do you guys feel you did on the test?

Default Exam

I think I did pretty well on the written. The behavior section was a little "tricky" is places. I only had to guess on only like 4 or so questions on the first section.

I have been told that the Chief is fixing to decide on the January class. The list is on his desk.

How do you know that Ash?
    Shawn Clark
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    I.A.F.F. Local 176
    Tulsa, OK

I have a few contacts who work for TFD. My source says that he has been told the Chief LaCroix has the list on his desk and he would be deciding soon. That is info that I have been told.

I was told that yesterday....Wednesday.

Keep in mind that it is only "hear say".

MembersZone Subscriber

I feel that I did fine on the test, now it is just a matter of waiting for the next step. I am interested to know how many people are competing for the July academy. Anybody have any idea? Thanks.

Where did you sit at during the test?

I was sitting at the first table when you walked it. (Shorter guy w/glasses)

Lets keep our fingers crossed that we passed and get interviews.

how many people tested today?

MembersZone Subscriber

Ash,

I sat at the table that was behind the TFD emblem on the floor. I was in a tan polo and jeans. I am about 6' 1", 225 lbs. (losing weight). I think that there were close to 100 people there, not sure but I know that the room was full and Mr. Factor said that he was not going to allow but a couple more to test if they showed up. Good luck ash and I hope that we continue.

I think they average 80-100 per month. When I took my test in October of last year there was about 100; but at that time they had a 2 week span where they had 2 or 3 test days a week. I think they did that just to get a lot of applicants at once because of the hiring freeze. Quite a few were failing the written test becaus eof the psych part of the exam. Not sure what the pass rate is now. It's strictly pass or fail, so a 74 is just as good as 100.
    Shawn Clark
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    I.A.F.F. Local 176
    Tulsa, OK

when i took the test last year it was right after the freeze was lifted. they did 4 days of testing. from sept. 7-10th i think. i took mine on the 10th. there were about 200 people there that day. from what i heard there were around 1000 people who tested. only half of those moved on to the structured interview. by the time the PAT came around there were 100 people testing. then got done to 52 left for 40 spots. like osufirepro said everyone and thier brother tested. alot failed cause of the psych portion. waiting to get the postcard with the results is a killer. good luck guys.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get the rest results back?

Thanks,
    Ash

it takes around 2 weeks i think. at least when i took the test it did. if you have mr. factors email use it if you haven't gotten the results in 3 weeks. i had to email him cause i didn't get mine when they said it would arrive. it seems one batch almost didn't get sent out. so make sure to "remind" them if you have to.

still waiting for results about the job offer. osufirepro has gone missing it seems. i've emailed him but my emails are strange at times. i've had friends not able to get through. so if you are out there any word yet? well guys best of luck to you. i'll be in from time to time and if you need advice i'll be more than happy to help.
    even if i don't get the job i'm so happy i tried. it's been awesome so far. nervewraking waiting, but pateince is something we all need to work on i think. later.

I am still here, patiently waiting for my notice from TFD. Well kind of patiently. It's going on 4 weeks now. Last time I got an e-mail from you Hopeful was when I got back from San Francisco. If you have sent me any after that and I did not reply, I didn't receive them. I am going to the fire academy this evening to work out; Maybe I will hear some kind of news.
    Shawn Clark
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    I.A.F.F. Local 176
    Tulsa, OK

yeah osu i emailed you twice. like i said my email has been acting very funny. i thought for sure you had been called already. i emailed mr. factor today and have yet to get a reply. once again not sure if he got it though. anyway, a month goes pretty slow when you are watching the calender and phone, or letter. hope we both get the call.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Has anyone got there test results back?

Wondering if anyone has received their test results form the 04AUG written?

Thread Information