Forum Member

Default Going to the table

We will be going into negotiations in another 3 months, I am wondering if anyone has anything in their contract that really stands out above the norms. I don't think there are too many wild ideas, it would just be nice to know what kind of things we might be missing, or getting.
    Last edited by MEck51; 07-21-2004 at 10:03 AM.

Forum Member

Not that I'm trying to hide anything but do you want what you have spread out for everyone to see? Have your union president or someone from your committee contact other locals from cities that are similar as far as dept size,population,cost of living,etc. You can even get most of that information from the IAFF in Wash DC. or the FMBA in Rahway.Even if you deal with one,I think the other would give you some info.Good luck and don't give back $#it...Len
    Last edited by len1582; 07-20-2004 at 02:09 PM.

Forum Member

NO I'm not looking for anything specific, just general ideas. I know what your saying as far as stating numbers and other sensitive info. I'm just looking for hearsay type things, maybe somebody heard someone else is getting this or that.
    Yes we are using IAFF info and research, and are also networking out to friends. I was just hoping to use another tool (firehouse forums)to get some IDEAS, not a copy of a contract or anything that anyone might feel should not be placed for all to see. I'm sorry for the confusion and broad range of the question, I knew what I meant when I first posted just didn't get it down right.
    Last edited by MEck51; 07-21-2004 at 10:02 AM.

Thread Information