Default Whoops...Tractor lands on top of car

The tractor cab driven by Sam B. Quedraogo of Millbury rests on top of a car owned by Registry of Motor Vehicles employee Michael J. Poblocki of Thompson yesterday, after the truck plunged over an embankment into a parking lot during a turn onto Beacon Street. (ED WOZNIAK)

Robert Bastardo of Spencer talks about yesterday's truck accident. His pickup truck, visible on an embankment in the background, was struck by the large tractor before it landed on a car in the parking lot. (T&G Staff / PAUL KAPTEYN)
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

MembersZone Subscriber

Rookie Driver?
    "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
    I.A.C.O.J. Member

The accident happened shortly before noon when truck driver Sam B. Quedraogo, 49, of 26 High St., Millbury, made a left turn from Madison Street onto Beacon Street. He was later taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center - Memorial Campus, where he was being treated in the emergency room last night.

State and city police said the accident was still under investigation, but Robert Bastardo of Spencer, who was driving down Beacon Street, said the tractor made the turn at about 45 mph and failed to straighten out, continuing into the path of his Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck. The tractor was not pulling a trailer.

The trucks collided, with the pickup truck straddling the sidewalk, its front end hanging over the drop-off.

"When he came around the corner he was flying," Mr. Bastardo said. "One second either way and I would have missed it or I wouldn't be standing here. I didn't know where I was for a minute. I thought his truck was going to blow up.

"He got out of his truck and I yelled to him. He looked dazed, probably from going over a 10-foot embankment. He mumbled something, then got back into the truck. The next thing I know five or six guys are putting him on a stretcher."

Mr. Bastardo, who said his back hurt from the accident, said he would see his physician.

Mr. Poblocki said he bought the Caprice 10 months ago with 19,000 miles on it. Someone ran into the Registry around noon saying that a truck had landed on top of a car in the nearby parking lot, where Registry employees park.

"I thought they were joking," he said. "I could tell from the window that it was mine. I just hope I don't have a hard time with the insurance company."

Investigating Officer Richard C. Cowden said the plate on the tractor expired last month. "This is still under investigation as to the cause," he said. The state police truck team was called to determine if there was mechanical failure or driver error.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

Good thing car was just parked and nobody was in it........

Forum Member

WHEW !!!!!!!!!! I was wondering he same thing '77^^^^^^^^^^^
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information