MembersZone Subscriber

Default Buy from Gall's? Check this out.

27 NEWSFIRST has learned federal law enforcement authorities are investigating a Lexington business.

Agents executed search warrants at Galls Incorporated on Palumbo Drive and a warehouse on Russell Cave Road.

Galls is a national supplier of police and emergency services equipment.

Among the agencies involved in the investigation are the Homeland Security Cabinet and the Department of Defense. A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office tells 27 NEWSFIRST, Federal officials are investigating whether the company had a license to send gear to restricted countries. They're also looking into any wrongdoing by company employees.

Employees were told to go home for the day. Federal agents kept supervisors inside.

The search is expected to last for much of the day.

At the Russell Cave location, an employee watched Federal Agents and State Police go in and out of the warehouse. She says she has no idea what was going on and when she went into work, everything seemed normal.

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=2068903
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Forum Member

They should watch who they are selling blue lights to.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

OOPS!! That can't be too good.........

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow!!! I didn't know the feds got involved on overpricing geared towards public servants
    Brian Rowe
    Paramedic/Engineer
    Colleton County Fire/Rescue

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    They should watch who they are selling blue lights to.
    So THAT'S how Usay and Qusay got around Bagdad so quickly!
    I guess Humvee drivers don't yield to blue lights?

Forum Member

Originally posted by Medic162
    Wow!!! I didn't know the feds got involved on overpricing geared towards public servants
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is classic right there. Galls is like fast food, its going to cost you in the end, but at the time its so convinient and easy to access.

MembersZone Subscriber

I get that "Fast Food" feeling from Darley as well.

My guess is that they were selling body armor to places that are not supposed to have Level IIIA armor. Makes the 5.56 NATO round marginal at best if the bad guys have Galls SWAT full body armor on.

I cant think of anything else that would be critical, they dont sell thermal imagers IIRC, and those are a restricted technology.

LOL, I guess the US military likes to be the only ones in the conflict with balistic protection and night vision...

Thats the way to keep it.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Forum Member

HAHAHAHHAHA
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm near Lexington myself. I talked with a fellow VFD member this morning- he drives a truck in Lexington. He said there was a vacant car lot that had about a hundred guys walking around in shirts that said ATF, FBI, Federal Marshal, etc... I guess they got those at Gall's... about 30 minutes later it hit the radio that both locations had been shut down. Apparently the car lot was the staging area. The local scoop is that the feds searched and got whatever it was that they wanted, and were scheduled to be out by tonight. Party line is that Galls will be open for business tomorrow. We'll see. I offered to help haul out any turnout gear that was in the way of the search! Doc

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking What Next?................

You've heard of "Fire Sale" closeouts? Wonder if there will be a "Raid Sale" next?
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Corporate greed rears it's ugly head once again! Gall's is owned by the Aramark Corporation.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Corporate greed rears it's ugly head once again! Gall's is owned by the Aramark Corporation.
    That's FUNNY, Cap'n! I thought that Aramark (we have the Aramark tower here on the Philly skyline) only did cafeterias!! Can I have a blue light with my mashed potatoes please??!!

Seriously though-- This is what Aramark has to say about serving 'Public Safety Professionals':

Galls, an ARAMARK company, is America’s largest mail-order supplier of uniforms and equipment to public safety professionals. We cater to the special needs of people involved in public safety, fire fighting, correctional and emergency medical services.

Our focus is on quality products, friendly service and efficient shipping times. Whether you are ordering via our toll free number or via the web, our knowledgeable customer service representatives are available to help you fulfill your uniform and equipment needs, quickly and effectively — and everything is backed by the No Hassle Guarantee. No matter where you work in the public safety world, Galls has your solution.

We are proud to state that each year over 1 million men and women rely on Galls to provide them with top-quality public safety equipment so that they can effectively serve their communities.
    I wonder if that 1 million men and women included the bad guys who bought body armour as well!! I got the above at:
    Aramark
    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Medic162, you're smarter than me!

I didn't even know people bought from Gall's. I thought it was just a reference you used to find an example of what you want before you go somewhere else and buy it at a realistic price.

Forum Member

I thought it was for reading the heart felt testimonials from satisfied customers, I didn't know that people really purchased items from them.

MembersZone Subscriber

There are just certain people that should not have this sort of equipment...

If the bad guys are going to be fighting us, lets try to keep them in towels and sandles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by EFD840

I didn't even know people bought from Gall's. I thought it was just a reference you used to find an example of what you want before you go somewhere else and buy it at a realistic price.
    This is all I've ever done. It is the buyers fault if you ever paid the outrageous prices Galls asks for the merchandise. You could have saved hundreds shopping elsewhere. Actually, I never really even used them to reference items. I've found that most times, the stuff they have available is junk. I've just noticed that recently (within the last couple of years), they've starting selling higher quality items, but it looks like they've been selling them to the wrong folks
    Brian Rowe
    Paramedic/Engineer

Forum Member

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is the poop for those who were interested...

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldle...re/9232370.htm
    Brian Rowe
    Paramedic/Engineer

Forum Member

Originally posted by Medic162
    I actually managed to find 3 items cheaper at Galls then my other usual suppliers.
    Why do I *always* have to be the calm one?
    Note to self: first spell check then post.

Thread Information