Forum Member

Default scba speticle kits

Anyone out there using a speticle kit from altek (www.altekspecs.com)
    This kit has an elastic strap so the lens can be worn outside the face piece or clip into a frame in the face piece. Any comments on this make is appreciated. forward to: rahinchee@cs.com

THANKS!

Lt. Bob Hinchee
    Weirton Fire Department
    Weirton, WV 26062

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Altek Spectacle Kits

Purchased one before I had my Lasik. The couple of times I actually had to use my SCBA, it seemed to work. The only thing that I had a problem with is that the lenses seemed to be way too far from my eyes. Therefore, I felt that my vision wasn't as clear as it could be. Not a problem with the product, just my not having the chance to use it until I was comfortable.

Needless to say, having the LASIK was much better. Although, darn it, I am one of the 10-15% who's corneas reshape back. I will need to have a re-do. My vision was 20/20 after the procedure, 20/40 now.

Jim Mc Carthy, RNC, FF/EMT
    White Bear Lake Fire Department

Forum Member

Default thanks for the response

Jim,

Thanks for the reply, I've used the MSA specticle kit for 15 + years. This new type seem to have bigger lens which I feel is a plus, also being able to remove the frame and wear is a good feature. The only concern I have is if the lend frame will stay attached to the mask mount.

Good luck with your LASIK surgery. I work with to guys who had it done and are very pleased with the results. I I just can't bring myself to let someone fool with my eyes!

BE SAFE!

Bob

MembersZone Subscriber

Bob,
    At first I thought, someone fooling with my eyes would freak me, but, after the wife had LASIK, I figured if she could do it, I could.
    It really was the best thing, especially as a FF. The only rub was, I REALLY needed reading glasses after the procedure.
    This "re-do" should be a piece of cake. They have this new super duper laser that is supposedly even better than two years ago. We shall see...

Be safe,

Jim Mc Carthy, RNC, FF/EMT

Thread Information