MembersZone Subscriber

Default trying to get on chicago fire dept.

I am currently i firefighter in the united states air force and will be getting out within the next year. Getting on the chicago fire department is a childhood dream of mine. i've been signed up to take the test for the past couple of years now. if anybody is will to give me a little guidence or has any information for me please let me know. anything will help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Become a medic and wait in line with the rest of us.

Forum Member

Default Chicago hiring

The City of Chicago? How did you even register for the test their isnt anything online and they havent announced when it will be. Or do you mean the suburbs.

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't remember where I seen it but there is a number to call to be put on an interest list for the department.
    As for hiring I talked to a retiring bat. chief this summer he told me that there has not been a test since 1995. There may be one in 2005, but probably not untill 2006.

Forum Member

Default Chicago eligibility list

There will not be a test in Chicago any time soon--they are currently working their way through the 1995 list of "qualified" scorers--there were about 16-18,00 names on that portion of the list. Once they called one, they have to go through them all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Chicago hiring

Originally posted by fdnyrules71
    The City of Chicago? How did you even register for the test their isnt anything online and they havent announced when it will be. Or do you mean the suburbs.
    your rite they don't have anything on the internet you have to go to city hall to sign up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chi

once again...Become a medic and wait in line with the rest of us. they are taking apps for medics now and are hiring.

Thread Information