Forum Member

Default stabilization wenches

From FH.com below - can anyone from Louisiana describe those "wenches" you use down there for vehicle stabilization:

Associated Press

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) -- Three men were thrown out of a car as it sailed through the air and landed on the side of a house and a fourth man was trapped inside the vehicle as it came to rest on its front fender.

``It looks like someone dropped it out of an airplane,'' said Shreveport Fire Department Assistant Chief Hal Wright.

Firefighters used a wench line to secure the vehicle while they worked to free the man, whose ankle was pinned under the dashboard. It took about an hour to get him loose.

Forum Member

(in thick Cockney accent)

Right, mates, I don't know what type wenches they got over in the states, but it would take a right stout wench to 'old a car and stop it turning over.

martinm or me other lads across the pond, what about it? Would a WINCH help?
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

From FH.com below - can anyone from Louisiana describe those "wenches" you use down there for vehicle stabilization

AHHH, my mind conjures up a picture of four luscious ladies, with low cut blouses, and large breasts, each holding two beer steins, as they each support a corner of the vehicle.

As to the WINCHES, I dont have a clue.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

EASTKYFF

Hey me old china, yuh just pipped me in your response, ah well its dahn to the ole rub-a-dub for a pigs ear,and and clock a couple of the skirts handing out the jellied eels.

Forum Member

proto, you win the Cockney contest because I have no idea what the hell you just said.

But to clarify...

WINCH....
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Originally posted by protomkv
    AHHH, my mind conjures up a picture of four luscious ladies, with low cut blouses, and large breasts, each holding two beer steins, as they each support a corner of the vehicle.
    good, now I feel a little better. cause when i first read the subject line, that was what i expecting. I'm glad I'm not the only one
    Last edited by DrParasite; 07-29-2004 at 10:37 AM.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

....and WENCH.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    ....and WENCH.

I also noticed that the wench link has been downloaded more than the winch link. Coincedence? I think not!
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

EAST KY,
    For your "edification".
    A very brief intro to cockney rhyming slang.
    China = Mate, ( China plate = mate)
    Rub-a dub = Pub.
    Pigs ear = Beer,
    Clock = Look.
    Skirt = the Barmaid.

Jellied eels are a delicasy that most of the folks from the east end of London are very partial to. Great with pepper and vinegar.
    What can make the rhyming slang difficult is that the emphasis can be placed on the 1st or second word, i,e with china, its the first word used, with pigs ear, its the second, Confused?, I sometimes am, and I grew up with it.

Forum Member

This thing must only show JPEG's. Here are the winch/wench pictures again...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

And again I say, WINCH.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Please forward ASAP one dozen WENCHES

Forum Member

I had a cable winch on my loader(mounted to the front) that I used to tow a bulldozer(midsize) out, it was a tough sob. I have seen some new rescue trucks, pierce or E-one, with something similar to what I had.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Wenches? Yes, Please!
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Forum Member

Nnnnnnnniicccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeee

Thread Information