Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boston Fd

Forum Member

Default Boston Fd

If I were applying to BFD with a Kansas FFI&II and a few years experience with a small dept. Would I have to go through the academy or could I just test. I was told by someone that I would have to complete the BFD academy to hire on.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am from Boston and know for a fact that you have to be a resident of the boston area for a year, to even be eligible to take the test. Once they hire you they will send you to the academy. Its very tough getting into the Boston fire department. If you were a resident for a year and had that experience from Kansas you would be higher on the list of candidates. They also just gave a test in April which they only do every 2 years, so it will be a while for the next one. Good luck! Boston is a little tougher than most.

Forum Member

Hey only the best! I like a challenge. If I end up moving, I will probaly just get a job in a hospital as a RN. Once I get my EMT-P I plan to take a bridge class for my RN certification.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Thread Information